cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Remote paired with Sont Bravia but no volume control

mcofferon
Tuning in

Hello All

This worked fine for 4 months but I tried using eARC on the Sony TV with an amp (which didn't work out - amp was incompatible) and now I've no volume control with the Virgin remote. I'm abale to pair the remote with the TV and during the pairing process I see the volume change but in normal use it does nothing. I'm not using the eARC connection now , just a standard HDMI port. Other devices (Apple TV) works and controls the volume and I've tried swapping HDMI inputs around too but the 360 remote volume still doesn't work.

Frustrating but not a critical problem, if anyone has any suggestions I'll give them a try. The TV is about 18 months old - Bravia KE-48A9BU I think

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mcofferon 

Check the audio settings on the 360 box. 

Settings > Audio & Video > Volume keys control. This can either be set to your TV or the soundbar/amplifier.

Make sure it's set to your TV and not the soundbar - if it says someting like the name of your amplifier then just click on the box and it should change to your TV make (Sony) then press the back button on the 360 remote.

You can also try resetting the remote and then pairing it again

Pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds will factory reset the TV 360 remote. You could also try removing the batteries and put them back in.

Then you can either pair the 360 remote by holding down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

or by  going to Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Press OK then  Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mcofferon 

Check the audio settings on the 360 box. 

Settings > Audio & Video > Volume keys control. This can either be set to your TV or the soundbar/amplifier.

Make sure it's set to your TV and not the soundbar - if it says someting like the name of your amplifier then just click on the box and it should change to your TV make (Sony) then press the back button on the 360 remote.

You can also try resetting the remote and then pairing it again

Pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds will factory reset the TV 360 remote. You could also try removing the batteries and put them back in.

Then you can either pair the 360 remote by holding down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

or by  going to Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Press OK then  Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks 

I'll try that tonight and let everyone know.

Mike

Legend Dave

Simply selecting the Sony TV resolved the problem. 

Many Thanks - Mike