cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Remote Batteries

Shredder87
On our wavelength

Like you, I’m having to replace the batteries nearly every 2 weeks !  The remote had a back lit display that seems to come on at the slighted movement, so if like me you often have the remote to hand or you are a channel flicker it will drain the batteries really quickly.

6 REPLIES 6

deans6571
Wise owl

n@Shredder87 wrote:

Like you, I’m having to replace the batteries nearly every 2 weeks !  The remote had a back lit display that seems to come on at the slighted movement, so if like me you often have the remote to hand or you are a channel flicker it will drain the batteries really quickly.

2 weeks?

You may have a faulty remote then - I’ve had my remote for months and I haven’t replaced the batteries even once! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely not right as mine have been in the remote 12 months. Use the link below to request a replacement, or if that doesn’t work, try WhatsApp and ask for a replacement - 07305 327112.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote

@Shredder87 wrote:

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Shredder87 

The remote actually works with just 2 batteries, it doesn't need all 4, so you can remove 2 and save them for later use.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Which 2 can you take out?   Because I took 2 out from one side (cant remember which) and it lost being able to control the TV  (Power/Volume)

Can you still control both the TV and the 360 box when you take out 2 batteries?   If so, which ones did you take out?

Thanks
Steve

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Steve,

I took them out from the left side and the volume still works.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

The remote requires 3 Volts to operate, each side has 2 x 1.5 Volt batteries in series which equals 3 Volts, both sides are then connected in parallel so that doubles the Amps per hour if all the batteries are the same without any defects, so theoretically the batteries will last twice as long than if you have 2.

Obviously there is no definitive answer as to how long the batteries will last because some people will use the remote more than others, for example TV on all day or just when you get home from work.

You do get 2 levels of warning to replace your batteries, the first one say's something like your batteries are getting low you need to replace them, the second say's your batteries NEED replacing and then it won't do anything. You can usually keep using the remote a week at least after the first warning.