cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 - Mute button does not work properly

stobby256
Tuning in

I have 360 installed - all good.  I have a Sony BluRay player and sound system - every few minutes it would disconnect and switch to the TV sound - then back again - over and over.

I have paired again and worked through the options - and it's all sorted - no problem.  Except the mute button.  If I press mute - it mutes immediately, and the mute message displays on the sound system.  Then after about 17 seconds, everytime, it unmutes itself.  So I hit mute again... all good ... then after 17 seconds it comes back on.... over and over.
Help!

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi stobby256,

I've just been testing with the voice on the remote control so see if that can turn the sound off, however I was unsuccessful.

Have you tried new batteries in the remote?

You could also try factory resetting the remote. You can do that by removing the batteries for 5 minutes or the following:-

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing. Then repair your remote with your TV, audio and video, Pair remote with devices.

You could also try a factory reset of the 360. To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options
Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings.  With the 360 choosing that first option you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @stobby256,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you have been having issues with your mute button.

I can see you have been given help from @newapollo, can you let us know if this has helped?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Nope - all reset - still does the same .... mutes OK, then unmutes after about 17 seconds...

As an experiment I would try turning off the HDMI control on the TV just to see if that makes any difference.