cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Mini won’t record?

Nova1989
Up to speed

I had an engineer come out today and change the main 360 box due to it being loud but now the 360 Mini is not recording. It doesn’t register, they’re both connected to the same broadband etc.

Any ideas please?

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 1GIG
6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Hi Nova1989,

Are both your boxes on the same software version now you have a new box ?

You may need to factory reset your mini box so it completely refreshes the connection to the main box.

Roy

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve factory reset both boxes. It can pick up my profiles and last watched but just won’t allow recordings whatsoever. All was fine before the engineer came.

Some people were having this problem before and apparently got told there would be a software fix, others had their box swapped which solved the problem, I haven't seen any recent problems like this posted recently.

If you can still stream from the main box to the mini then that would make you think the connection between both boxes is good.

As you have factory reset both boxes, then you could try resetting the hub but if you can stream from the main to the mini you would think everything on that side is ok, possibly another call to Virgin, I assume the new box is set to fast start or active start.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve had the same issue since early 2021 and have actually given up trying to get the mini sorted via customer services. I was told a fix was in the pipeline last April and have twice been told the box won’t be swapped and they won’t send an engineer. There are a couple of similar posts on the forum too with the same issue. I’ve found the issue easier to live with than have to repeat the problem every time I call and be completely fobbed off. 

I think I’m in my cooling-off period after upgrading to Volt so I think I may just leave.

I wasn’t in; but the engineer that came yesterday was useless. Left the old dear with a replacement box on start up and once loaded had a grid of countries appearing with a various messages saying no account linked.

Not to mention the latency issues I’m getting on the new hub 4.

I give up.

Hi Nova1989, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having new issues since the engineer visit. This is certainly not something we would expect to happen. 

I can see since posting you have called the team and arranged the cancellation. We are sorry to hear you're leaving us but understand you need to do what's right for you. 

Please let us know if you chance your mind and decide you want to stay. If not, take care and good luck moving forward. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs