cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Mini keeps rebooting every 30 minutes.

Darksideofmoon
Dialled in

Just had my Virgin Media service "Upgraded" yesterday from the Tivo box to the Tivo 360 box in my main room and the 360 mini in the bedroom.

Apps work fine for logging in for Amazon, Netflix and Disney. Also initially work fine on play back of any content as well.

However the issue is that every 30 minutes, the 360 mini box in the bedroom keeps rebooting every 30 minutes, takes about 5 minutes of constantly rebooting before it allows access again (displays the welcome message in different languages screen repeatedly every 30 minutes).

A message saying "app store unavailable" for a split second suddenly appears just before the 30 minute reboot happens.

I've searched online for fixes to this or anybody else with this issue with nothing found.

As mentioned the upgraded Tivo in the main room has no issues at all and has been powered up and powered off to see if this makes a difference.

I've tried the mini on Wifi and Wired ethernet connection and this hasn't made any difference and the 30 minute reboot still occurs.

Can anyone help? or is this a goosed 360 mini?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

You could try swapping the power supplies between the 2 boxes to rule out the power supply or swap the 2 boxes around to prove it is the box and nothing else.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

roy247
Community elder

You could try swapping the power supplies between the 2 boxes to rule out the power supply or swap the 2 boxes around to prove it is the box and nothing else.

Thank you, i'll try switching the powers supplies around to start with, if the issues still happens i'll switch the boxes locations. PSU fault would be a good issue to fix if its turns out thats whats causing the issue.

Update - Ok, switching PSU's the mini box in the bedroom, as soon as 30 minutes of streaming on Netflix hit, the box powered off an rebooted. (Recorded by photo of time the video started playing and recorded by video on my phone as 30 minutes was about to hit and beyond, as soon as the timer hit 30 minutes, off the box went)

Going to switch locations of the box now to check further.

Darksideofmoon
Dialled in

OK, i've moved the 360 mini box into room the main Tivo 360 works in, the 360 mini still powers off after 30 minutes of streaming.

Hi Darksideofmoon,

Pink Floyd fan by any chance.

As the problem has followed the mini box you could try a factory reset before calling Virgin.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset and on the mini box there are no options to keep recordings because they are on the main box.

You might have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, (I can't remember if the mini box will pick them up from the main box), also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Hey roy247

yep, just a small fan haha.

I was just on the blower to virgin a minute ago before i spotted your reply.

They've advised that there is some issue in my postcode area thats causing the issue and its due to be fixed on the 4th of April, so fingers crossed that its all going to be resolved by then....

Thanks for you help and suggestions, i hadn't even thought about troubleshooting by switching the PSU's as didn't think they'd be the same specs as each other.

Let's hope it is just an 'area' issue and is fixed by the 4th,🤞 always a bit suspicious about these answers to problems, I know they won't send an engineer until 'area' problems are fixed but why doesn't it affect both boxes. 🤔

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Although not impossible and it has happened before, I have some doubts the area fault will be causing this - a waiting game may be in order, though.

As an aside, there's no such thing as a TiVo360. TiVo software only runs on TiVo & V6 boxes. When your V6 was reformatted to become a TV360, Horizon software was installed inplace of TiVo. You now have a TV360-master & TV360-mini.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The name has relevance to the fault does it?

Never had a V6.

Hey Darksideofthemoon, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I can see from my end there is an area outage which can affect this.

This is due to end on the 04 April 23 at 13:00 Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?