cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Hand Set controlling AV amp

Iceberg100
Joining in

I have just switched my two V6 boxes to 360. I have a Cambridge Audio CXR200 av amp. I connect via HDMI to amp and then to Panasonic tv. 
The handset controls the volume on the amp but won’t turn the amp on/off. It is the same with the TV. Is this correct?
The 360 settings look ok. 
Thanks for any help. 

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Roseyhue
On our wavelength

Respect to the answers you have received so far on this but I am beginning to think that they will not fix the problem no matter how many times you reset or re-pair things.  I have the same problem but with a different AV unit.  My AV is paired with the 360 remote for sound control but not for on/off control.  My cables connect three units in line.  ie 360 box connected to AV unit and the AV unit connected to the TV, all by HDMI cables.  The remote can only communicate with the 360 box, so whatever language the TV box speaks goes first to the AV and then travels on to the TV.  So the volume control command from the 360 box reaches the AV unit and it works!  Lo, they speak the same language!  But it seems that the on/off word isn't in the AV box vocabulary.  It has clearly been spoken because it passes through the AV unit to the TV, and the TV obeys.

I think that I am going to either continue using two remotes when it comes to switching off, or roll up my sleeves and try and find out from my AV unit manufacturer if I can tweak whatever settings menu it has on the AV unit to find a setting that has a better vocabulary paricularly including the 360 on/off word!  Its the AV unit that needs educating.

Or........perhaps the 360 box can speak another language that both the TV and the AV box understands.  I have paired the AV unit using both methods available on the 360 box ie auto pair and by putting in the AV unit model make and version number, but that doesn't fix it.  I suppose, if I knew them, I could try manually putting in other model numbers from my AV manufacturer until it worked.........but I haven't got the will to do that!  I can watch TV and control the AV unit volume all night without getting up so whay bother.  Then, at bedtime, I get up and swith the AV unit off with its own remote.  Far less sweat than trying to make the 360 promise work!!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Assuming everything is correctly paired and one power is set to on then the red button should turn everything off. Does the white TV button turn the TV on + off.

You might need to play with the TV and amp HDMI control settings.

White button does nothing. I don’t understand why the volume controls work on 360 and not the on/off🤔

I would try repairing the remote to the TV, did the pairing accept the TV model number.

Roseyhue
On our wavelength

Respect to the answers you have received so far on this but I am beginning to think that they will not fix the problem no matter how many times you reset or re-pair things.  I have the same problem but with a different AV unit.  My AV is paired with the 360 remote for sound control but not for on/off control.  My cables connect three units in line.  ie 360 box connected to AV unit and the AV unit connected to the TV, all by HDMI cables.  The remote can only communicate with the 360 box, so whatever language the TV box speaks goes first to the AV and then travels on to the TV.  So the volume control command from the 360 box reaches the AV unit and it works!  Lo, they speak the same language!  But it seems that the on/off word isn't in the AV box vocabulary.  It has clearly been spoken because it passes through the AV unit to the TV, and the TV obeys.

I think that I am going to either continue using two remotes when it comes to switching off, or roll up my sleeves and try and find out from my AV unit manufacturer if I can tweak whatever settings menu it has on the AV unit to find a setting that has a better vocabulary paricularly including the 360 on/off word!  Its the AV unit that needs educating.

Or........perhaps the 360 box can speak another language that both the TV and the AV box understands.  I have paired the AV unit using both methods available on the 360 box ie auto pair and by putting in the AV unit model make and version number, but that doesn't fix it.  I suppose, if I knew them, I could try manually putting in other model numbers from my AV manufacturer until it worked.........but I haven't got the will to do that!  I can watch TV and control the AV unit volume all night without getting up so whay bother.  Then, at bedtime, I get up and swith the AV unit off with its own remote.  Far less sweat than trying to make the 360 promise work!!

Yes….we have exactly the same issue!

It is annoying that some seem to have managed to conquer the on/off problem. They must have different connections.

I have also contacted Cambridge Audio for a response.

I will post their answers.

Thanks  Mike

I don't think they have different connections.  I think that they have AV units from different manufacturers to you and I and theirs pair without problems .........or Virgin programmers have not put in all the different languages/model numbers that our AV manufacturers use so just a few AV unit models don't fully pair.  When they pair their remote the 360 box can speak the right language.

I have seen that some users plug the 360 box into the AV unit separately to plugging the 360 box into the TV but they get a problem with the sound not syncronising with the TV image.  I suspect that the best way to plug it all together is as I have described above ie 360 to av and then av to TV.  But I'm just someone who wants to watch TV with a good sound system. I don't use the more sophisticated functions.  I do Soduko to exercise my mind and TV to sooth it!!!