cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Box won’t reset

andyma1r
Tuning in

My 360 box has had various issues over the past few weeks. It has frozen when in use, reset itself when exiting apps, automatically deleted recordings etc.

After managing to get it restarted today after 5 attempts I decided to do a factory reset. It switched itself off after requesting the reset and sat for 3 hours doing nothing. I eventually gave up and switched it off. I replaced it with my second box from the bedroom so I can see TV but the main 360 box is knackered. 

I need it replaced.

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Give the following a go:

Connect the box you’re having an issue with to Ethernet. Turn the box off. Hold the - and + buttons on the front of the box whilst turning the box back on. Keep them pressed until the welcome screen appears.

You should see a download symbol displayed on the screen for several minutes and then the box should boot normally. Let us know how you get on. 

Carried out as suggested. Box switched on with the download symbol which then went to the Welcome screen where it remained for 3 hours with no further progress.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @andyma1r 

Sorry to see your issues with the 360. I was going to suggest swapping the boxes around but you've already tried that.

You do need it replacing

Normally I'd suggest calling 150 and speaking to option 2 faults (but ignore all the prompts the IVR offers to press 1 for the link to online support etc, then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone) but if you feel lucky then go ahead as the phone lines are really busy due to impending price increases.

A member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you, but it may be a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Now sorted cheers

As an aside (for the info of Virgin Media) I have no interest in “badges” for rewards for asking questions in a forum. I’m not 10 years old. It’s demeaning.

If you offered a proper support service instead of relying on your customers to provide the information you wouldn’t need to offer meaningless platitudes to paper over you poor support.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @andyma1r,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm glad that your issues have been resolved but sorry for the experience that you've had trying to get this resolved with our customer services team. and I will be sure to pass on your feedback about the forums, giving out badges and the experience that you've had trying to get this resolved. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Having the same problem as OP. Original fault was apps would not start with the error code CS2400. 
Couldn’t get a response on line or on phone, so tried, a factory reset, as suggested elsewhere on this forum, but now the tv box just reboots, we come screen appears and stays for several minutes, before power cycling again. 
HELP!!

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jevansuk,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing similar problems to the creator of the post and are now stuck in a power cycle. I've taken a look on our end and can see you spoke with our team shortly after creating your post, and the box is now working.

Please do let us know if you need anything else and we'll be happy to assist.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ