cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Box keeps disconnecting from the Hub/Internet

HeidiT
Tuning in

My 360 box was installed in mid-January and I only have one TV box. I have to connect it via WiFi rather than ethernet to the hub because of the layout of my living room. The hub and TV box are just under 2.5 metres apart

All was fine for the first month. In mid-February, the box did an update and since then it randomly disconnects from the internet. Sometimes it can be once or more a day. At other times it can be fine for a week or more and I think that the issue has resolved itself . It's been happening more often recently. It does reconnect eventually, it's just a pain when it happens.

I have tried restarting both the box and the hub many, many times. I have also done a factory reset on the box within the last week. That did seem to help for a little while but it has started disconnecting again. I have also googled and tried https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Virgin-TV-360-Box-keeps-loosing-internet-connecti... but I can't see any way of renaming one of the bands in the security settings.

Many thanks for any help.

7 REPLIES 7

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’ve seen this a couple of times.

I resolved it by simply going into the network settings and going through the setup for WiFi.

You will see the flashing icon on the front of the TV 360 go off and the internet connection resolving.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for your help. Do you mean the network settings in the Hub or 360 box? Or both? I assume I have to wait until it disconnects again because I can't seem to do anything in either while it is connected.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When the issue arises, do as above via only the TV 360 settings menu.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your help, Ernie.

It's actually behaved itself today, but I'll try that the next time it disconnects.

Thanks again for your help, Ernie.

It appears that what you suggested was what I had been doing every time the connection dropped. I'm guessing that something was interfering with the WiFi signal. In the end, I just bought a really long ethernet cable (which goes half way round my living room) but at least it's connected now.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HeidiT,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your 360 TV box at the moment. 

I'm glad to hear that your connection is working with an Ethernet cable at the moment. Have you experienced any issues while you've been connected to this recently? 

How has your connection been?

Let us know so we can help further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

Thanks for your message and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Yes, my connection has been absolutely fine since I put it on ethernet. Glad it isn't the box itself. I can only assume that another WiFi device was interfering with the connection. I don't have many devices, but I do live in a block of flats, so it might have been something in a completely different flat! Either way, I'm just glad that I can watch catchup TV/Netflix without constantly having to reconnect!