cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Box Dolby Audio Sound probs

Andy111
On our wavelength

Not sure if anyone else has had the same issue, however I'm still having problems watching any TV channels or apps with Dolby Audio switched on through the 360 Box. 

My set up is a New LG G1 Oled TV, an LG SP11 Soundbar, the Virgin 360 box and an Nvidia Shield.

The issue is as follows when watching anything with Dolby Audio through the Nvidia Shield the sound works without any probs and comes through the Soundbar as it should. 

However when watching anything via the 360 box with Dolby Audio switched on,  either via Always convert or Follow Content, the Sound reverts to coming from the TVs Internal speakers rather than the Soundbar as it should. In other words, anything I watch through the Nvidia is fine, however watching anything through the 360 with Dolby Audio activated affects my sound settings on the TV and sends the Sound through the TV speakers rather than the Soundbar as it should.

However the minute I disable Dolby Audio on the 360 Box the sound plays through my Soundbar as it should.

So why is it I can watch any apps or Films with Dolby Audio through the Nvidia Shield without any Problems and yet watching anything from the Virgin 360 box with Dolby Audio it affects my TV and Soundbars settings and won't work as it should do? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi one thing occurs to me you should disable your speakers on your TV in the TVs settings, which is what I have done, I don't have your set up I have 5.1 sound that way there is no confusion between exterior sound and the TV speakers. Regards Micky

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

Hi Andy11,

How are the 360 and shield connected, is it to the TV HDMI's and the TV connected to the soundbar using HDMI-ARC, or are you connected to the 2 HDMI in sockets on the sounbar and then TV to soundbar using the HDMI-ARC ?

If you are using the first set up I would try the second if you haven't already, I don't have the same set up so can't speak from first hand experience.

Roy.

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi one thing occurs to me you should disable your speakers on your TV in the TVs settings, which is what I have done, I don't have your set up I have 5.1 sound that way there is no confusion between exterior sound and the TV speakers. Regards Micky

On the G1 Oled mate, you can't disable the TV speakers. All you can do is set the TV to play through HDMI (ARC) device, which works fine for everything else, however the minute I even turn the Virgin box on, it's as though it corrupts the TVs settings and reverts the TVs settings back to, "Sound out" through the TVs speakers. Again this only happens when the 360 box has Dolby Audio set on, if I disable the Dolby Audio on the 360 box it works fine. 

It's as though the Dolby Audio setting on the 360 box is somehow clashing and affecting my TV.

Oh and at present I have the 360 box via HDMI 2.1 cable into the HDMI 2.1 port on the TV. Then HDMI earc from the TV to Soundbar. 

roy247
Community elder

Some people do have problems using HDMI-ARC with the 360 if you have an unused hdmi input on your soundbar I would suggest trying that.

Andy111
On our wavelength

Cheers Roy247 will give it a try.

roy247
Community elder

Very interested to know how you get on as I am looking to change to lg tv and soundbar and with all the lip sync problems do I want to move from a working system to something that is unwatchable. 

As you have the luxury of two HDMI inputs I'd use them for the 360 and Nvidia Shield and connect the HDMI output to the TV's HDMI 1 input. You should get Dolby Atmos and I believe the soundbar passes through HDR and Dolby Vision to the TV.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection