cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Box ARC problem

SajH
Joining in

Anybody know of issues with 360 box not supporting ARC? I’ve a Samsung QLED and a Samsung Soundbar, my issue is my 360 box disconnects the ARC off my sound bar, I’ve done everything correctly, I’m clued up on my stuff but this has really annoyed me, I’ve tried everything I’ve swapped my one connect box to see if that’s the problem, I’ve swapped my soundbar to see if that’s the problem, changed cables, hard reset both tv and bar. Sound comes on ARC on bar for a bit then goes back to tv speakers. Sometimes if I disconnect all cables , unplug everything then switch back on after 20 minutes it works, then if I switch it off and back on it reverts back to tv speakers. I’m hoping someone has a solution or someone from Virgin Media can shed some light on this issue, as for me it’s a big issue and very frustrating!!!!

60 REPLIES 60

Ide like  to try Optical as temp sound source, though later today as not that simple in Oak t.v. cabinet.

Currently Apple 4k t.v. uses this via Soundbar.

Some swapping required, limited cable run though not impossible to connect to 360.

Fair enough Andy. HDMI is the best connection and if the soundbar is capable of DTS HD, Atmos etc I wouldn't want to settle for optical either. My suggestion was more aimed at people with basic soundbars like mine where optical is good enough. Anyway, hope you get it sorted.

Then 360 picture would be lost.
Would 360 continue to send DD via Optical Only.

kilmaster
Joining in

I also add trouble with the virgin 360. Sound was sometimes off for few seconds  on my samsung soundbar without any reason when using HDMI arc.

I've solved my issue buy buying a "CEC less" on amazon. It cost 10 pounds but it works. I've found the solution on the sonos forum : https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Virgin-360-working-with-Sonos-beam/td-p/5182996

NeilB1878
Joining in

Hi, been with VM for a month. Samsung TV and Q700B soundbar. All worked well with Sky. Can't get Arc to work now. New cables, reset everything and nothing.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, NeilB1878.
Thanks for taking the time to post on the help forums and this thread, although we're sorry to hear you're facing problems with your TV and soundbar not working well with our services.

Can you please share what model exactly is your TV and soundbar apart from the make so we investigate further?
Cheers,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Deano240
On our wavelength

Did you sort this?

Upgraded my v6 to 360 today and now have the same issue. As soon as I power down my virgin box the issue disappears

@Carley_S

I am also having issues with my sound bar dropping out and audio coming out of my TV speakers with message on screen saying that HDMI ARC device has been disconnected. It happens randomly about 2 or 3 times while watching during the evening. This didn't happen with my Tivo box. All connections are the same the only thing that has changed is Tivo box has been replaced with new TV 360 box. So it is obviously an issue with the software in the 360 box.

Are VM's developers working on this issue that is obviously software related and sort it with a new software upgrade?

@kilmaster

Sounds like the issue I am having. I had no problems with my Tivo box, all connections are the same, VM just changed the Tivo box to a 360 box and the audio issue started.

I'm thinking of trying the CEC less from Amazon but before buying want to make sure connections are the same.

I have TV connected to sound bar from TV's HDMI ARC to sound bar's HDMI ARC.

Then I have TV's HDMI connected to V360's HDMI.

Is this your connection setup too?

Yes ,same setup.