cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Box ARC problem

SajH
Joining in

Anybody know of issues with 360 box not supporting ARC? I’ve a Samsung QLED and a Samsung Soundbar, my issue is my 360 box disconnects the ARC off my sound bar, I’ve done everything correctly, I’m clued up on my stuff but this has really annoyed me, I’ve tried everything I’ve swapped my one connect box to see if that’s the problem, I’ve swapped my soundbar to see if that’s the problem, changed cables, hard reset both tv and bar. Sound comes on ARC on bar for a bit then goes back to tv speakers. Sometimes if I disconnect all cables , unplug everything then switch back on after 20 minutes it works, then if I switch it off and back on it reverts back to tv speakers. I’m hoping someone has a solution or someone from Virgin Media can shed some light on this issue, as for me it’s a big issue and very frustrating!!!!

60 REPLIES 60

Andy111
On our wavelength

Basically Richard I've got a New LG G1 oled and new LG Sp11 Ra Soundbar. 

For an example I've got an Nvidia Shield that is connected via HDMI cable to the TV and then the TV is connected via HDMI CABLE from the TV through to the sound bar. The TV sound settings are Sound out: HDMI (ARC Device), DTV Audio Setting: Auto, Hdmi input Audio Format: Bitstream, Digital Sound Output: Pass Through and earc Support set to on. This works flawlessly.

We then have the Virgin 360 box also connected to the TV via Hdmi via all the same settings, however the minute we so much as turn the Virgin TV box on, it alters all the TVs sound settings and starts to play Audio through the TV settings. It's as though the 360 box corrupts the TV. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Andy,

Have you set the 360 audio as sp11 under pair remote with devices > change audio set up?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Andy,

It might be important to check your TV360 Dolby settings... Can you check which option you've selected under Settings > Sound&Image > Dolby Audio in your TV360?

Andy111
On our wavelength

Yeah tried all the different settings lads. At the mo the 360 box is set to "Follow content".

One thing I did notice when setting the remote, it controls the soundbar when setting it up through the testing page, but then once set, it stops working and won't control the Soundbar anymore.

Another thing is sometimes it also affects the TVs magic remote. For example when watching our nvidia shield, the soundbar volume can be changed via the LG TV magic remote, however switch the Virgin box on and the only way change the Soundbar volume is with the Soundbar remote. Weird, like I say it's as though the 360 box is corrupting my TV/Soundbar 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Andy111 wrote:

One thing I did notice when setting the remote, it controls the soundbar when setting it up through the testing page, but then once set, it stops working and won't control the Soundbar anymore. 

Hi again Andy,

If the volume buttons to control the soundbar aren't working on your 360 remote then double check under Settings > Audio Video > Volume Keys Control that it isn't set to the make of your TV instead of your Amplifier make. I used to press OK when coming out of the setting menu again instead of clicking the back button which meant it had changed again to pair with the TV

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Andy111
On our wavelength

Yeah tried all that Dave. I've got pair TV and Change Audio setup. So gone into Change Audio setup and set it to LG SP11 for my soundbar and it works, but the minute I close that screen and return back, it stops controlling the soundbar. 

Luke9
On our wavelength

I have a very similar issue 

If my 360 box is in standby my sound then comes out of both soundbar(Sonos beam) and the TV. If I then take the 360 out of standby sound then only comes out the soundbar, but what is most odd about it is that I will be watching another source(prime/Netflix via TV not 360) so why is the 360 affecting this? 

It also makes the sound do this odd drop thing when using other sources.

I know the issue has nothing to do with anything else as when I remove the 360 box all issues disappear

Hi @Luke9

Welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your soundbar and our 360 set top box working together. Has any of the troubleshooting steps the other community members have mentioned helped you in any way? Unfortunately, as this is a 3rd party device issue, we are unable to offer support for this.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Luke9
On our wavelength

Hi @Carley_S 

This isn't an issue with 3rd party equipment it's an issue with your box. Remove the 360 box and there aren't any issues! 

Ive tried all the different troubleshooting hints and the issue is still happening, I wish I had the option for standard V6 TiVo boxes because the 360 software is quite simply awful. 

Andy111
On our wavelength

As above, this only happens when the Virgin 360 Box is connected, so yes it is a problem with the 360 box. For some unknown reason it seems to interfear with the TVs / Soundbars settings. When will Virgin start to take responsibility for this issue rather than just wash your hands of any responsibility.