cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Box ARC problem

SajH
Joining in

Anybody know of issues with 360 box not supporting ARC? I’ve a Samsung QLED and a Samsung Soundbar, my issue is my 360 box disconnects the ARC off my sound bar, I’ve done everything correctly, I’m clued up on my stuff but this has really annoyed me, I’ve tried everything I’ve swapped my one connect box to see if that’s the problem, I’ve swapped my soundbar to see if that’s the problem, changed cables, hard reset both tv and bar. Sound comes on ARC on bar for a bit then goes back to tv speakers. Sometimes if I disconnect all cables , unplug everything then switch back on after 20 minutes it works, then if I switch it off and back on it reverts back to tv speakers. I’m hoping someone has a solution or someone from Virgin Media can shed some light on this issue, as for me it’s a big issue and very frustrating!!!!

60 REPLIES 60

mcinp
Tuning in

I had a similar issue. I found setting the following to my sound device (rather than TV) made it work:

360 Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Volume keys control  - press ok on this to switch from your TV to your sound bar

So did this fix the issue with ARC ??, so you are saying if I follow what you done then ARC should work all the time without an issue?

So I’ve tried what you recommended , unfortunately worked for a short while. So to test it I put the 360 box in standby and then start it up again and Surprise surprise it defaults back to D.IN Not ARC and TV speakers kick in. 🤦🏼‍♂️
I am so frustrated and annoyed with this 360 box

Yes, that worked for me and I was hoping it would work for you to.

Hi SajH,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm afraid there isn't much advice we can offer you on this since we're not able to support third party equipment. 

The community may have some advice to offer though as many of the users have good technical knowledge of the sound bars and the best settings to connect them on. 

Failing that, you can sign up to our Gadget Rescue service who also may be able to help. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Unfortunately the issue is NOT with 3rd party equipment, I’ve replaced all existing equipment, I’ve done a process of elemination and it’s obvious now the issue lies with the Virgin 360 box, tbh I’m not the only person with this issue. Can someone give an honest answer from Virgin please.

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

@SajH wrote:

Anybody know of issues with 360 box not supporting ARC? I’ve a Samsung QLED and a Samsung Soundbar, my issue is my 360 box disconnects the ARC off my sound bar, I’ve done everything correctly, I’m clued up on my stuff but this has really annoyed me, I’ve tried everything I’ve swapped my one connect box to see if that’s the problem, I’ve swapped my soundbar to see if that’s the problem, changed cables, hard reset both tv and bar. Sound comes on ARC on bar for a bit then goes back to tv speakers. Sometimes if I disconnect all cables , unplug everything then switch back on after 20 minutes it works, then if I switch it off and back on it reverts back to tv speakers. I’m hoping someone has a solution or someone from Virgin Media can shed some light on this issue, as for me it’s a big issue and very frustrating!!!!

How is the 360 connected? Is it direct to the TV or soundbar? The 360 doesn't use ARC so why do you think it is the problem?

I have a one connect box for my Samsung QLED, I have the 360 box going into that going in HDMI 1, HDMI 2 is ARC  on the one connect box so I have HDMI from that to ARC on Samsung Q70T Sound bar. In HDMI 3 I have my 4K blu ray player going in. If I only connect the blu ray than ARC works fine, soon as I connect the 360 box it may work for a short wile then it goes bk to D.IN and not ARC. I am clued up on the equipment as I have worked in electric retail for a long time and I know my stuff. I’ve even purchased the high speed cables. I can only put it down to the 360 box.

What testing have you done? Have you tried just the 360 connected without the player? Have you swapped cables and connect box hdmi ports? Does your TV and soundbar have eARC? Are you using CEC?