Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Audio out of sync

DarkLord1
On our wavelength
Spoiler
Hi

I've been having trouble with the audio being out of sync. I have tried all fixes on here and the best thing that happens is it stays in sync for a few minutes then gets worse. Over a period of time it can be unwatchable. I am using a panasonic soundbar and a Samsung TV. Even when I connect straight to the TV the audio goes out of sync.

Everything else isn't out of sync ie disneyplus app on the TV not the 360

Please help its driving me mad.
29 REPLIES 29

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @DarkLord1 

Thank you so much for your post and I'm so sorry to see this has happened with your Set Top Box. 

I've had a look at your account and as I can see there are some issues showing with the equipment, I think it would be best to get an engineer out to have a look at this directly. 

I will send you  a PM now so we can get this arranged, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of the screen alerting you to a new message received. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Just to publicly update this, our engineers have identified this as a wider known issue and are currently working on a fix. Once a fix is available we will update the thread and the relevant software will be supplied. 

Thank you. 

@Ashleigh_C wrote:

Just to publicly update this, our engineers have identified this as a wider known issue and are currently working on a fix. Once a fix is available we will update the thread and the relevant software will be supplied. 

Thank you. 

Hi Ashleigh_C,

Could you clarify what you mean by " our engineers have identified this as wider known issue and are currently working on a fix ", is this a fix for a recent software upgrade causing problems or the problem people have had since the 360 was introduced and had to find work arounds.

Thank you.

leicesterfan
On our wavelength

Same issue here.

Phillips TV and Phillips Soundbar connected via HDMI ARC.

I've tried audio offsetting on the virgin box itself and changing the dolby settings, adjusting  the soundbar audio delay and fiddling with tv settings. 

I'll get sound in sync for a minute or two and then it just drifts out. I can then turn off, turn back on and then turning off any audio offsetting fixes it..only to go out of sync again.

So frustrating.

@leicesterfan wrote:

Same issue here.

Phillips TV and Phillips Soundbar connected via HDMI ARC.

I've tried audio offsetting on the virgin box itself and changing the dolby settings, adjusting  the soundbar audio delay and fiddling with tv settings. 

I'll get sound in sync for a minute or two and then it just drifts out. I can then turn off, turn back on and then turning off any audio offsetting fixes it..only to go out of sync again.

So frustrating.

Have you tried connecting the 360 to a non arc HDMI connector on the TV and then fibre optic cable from the 360 to the soundbar, and dolby set to follow content on the 360. Works for some people, other people have dolby disabled.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @leicesterfan

Is the issue still ongoing now?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes it is.

It is definitely the 360 box as Tivo and other devices have been fine. 

I haven't tried the optical cable yet but clearly it's not a good solution to have extra cables and/or lose the ARC functionality.

Thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I see, it looks as though the fix is still being worked on so I will feed this back to the team.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Is this fix actually getting sorted out? It seems this problem has been ongoing for 6 months or longer.