cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Audio out of sync with Sonos Beam

Notliking360
Tuning in

Thought I was getting a better product with my ‘free upgrade’ to a 360 but the TV synch is out with my Sonos Beam.  Looking on here it looks like waiting for a software update that might never come or turning Dolby off which is a completely backward step.  Anybody found anything more positive?  Can I ask for a downgrade to the old V6 firmware?

20 REPLIES 20

For some folk with a Beam who have upgraded to 360 and now have sync issues, changing the Dolby setting has helped.

press the Home Button and then

Settings>Audio and Video>Dolby Audio 

and select Follow Content. 

hope this helps. 

No I didn't - just Sonus technical support direct.

Hi Paul,

I just checked and the only thing on the Sonos forums are reports of cilmilar issues when Virgin upgraded the firmware to the 360.

No fixes from Sonus.

Hate to repeat myself too often but everything worked perfectly until you guys upgraded me to the 360 from the previous V6.

There’s nothing wrong with the Sonos sound bar. Worked perfectly until you upgraded me. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Notliking360,

I am sorry that it is still not working, we are aware of this issue and we are working on finding out how to fix it for you.

We will update you as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

That's great information Hayley - thank you.

Hopefully, your fix will not be too long.

We will certainly get back to you when we do have an update, Notliking360

Regards

Lee

Any update on this? Incredibly frustrating, and I shouldn’t be expected to listen to the audio in Stereo, when I have a fantastic Sonos surround system that worked perfectly before! Sort it out, it’s clear your issue Virgin!

Quite agree!!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A user on one of the older forum posts  said they fixed the sync issue by  switching the HDMI resolution on the 360 box to 1080i

I'm afraid I can't check as i don't have a Sonus Beam

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali