cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Audio out of sync with Sonos Beam

Notliking360
Tuning in

Thought I was getting a better product with my ‘free upgrade’ to a 360 but the TV synch is out with my Sonos Beam.  Looking on here it looks like waiting for a software update that might never come or turning Dolby off which is a completely backward step.  Anybody found anything more positive?  Can I ask for a downgrade to the old V6 firmware?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Notliking360,

I am sorry that it is still not working, we are aware of this issue and we are working on finding out how to fix it for you.

We will update you as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Notliking360

Sorry to hear of the audio issues experienced when using your Sonos Beam with the TV 360, we understand the confusion this can cause and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

We have these tips and support for the TV 360 service, we aren't able to downgrade you back to the original V6 software I'm afraid.

Rob

Hi Rob,

There is nothing in those tips that help me solve the problem what do we do now?

Thank you for keeping us updated on this Notliking360. I'm very sorry to hear this isn't working for you. 

if nothing is showing on there it may be worth reaching out to Sonos to see if they can advise on how to get the Beam working. 

^Martin

But Martin, everything worked perfectly with the V6 before upgrade so it's a chase of what can be done with the 360.

is a downgrade available.  Otherwise, I've entered a contract for something that is not functional. As above it worked perfectly before your firmware upgrade.

Hi @Notliking360

Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately there isn't an option to revert back to the V6. If you contact Sonos they should be able to give you some insight as other sound bars work perfectly with the TV360. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Morning,

Full diagnostics and factory reset of Sonos Beam and dialogue synch is still out.

To repeat, everything worked perfectly until the V6 firmware was updated to a 360.

The only thing I have noticed is sometimes the TV loses the feed from the 360. You see the HDMI banner come up momentarily at the top of the screen and then the dialogue synch is a little better and then gets worse.  That was last nights observations.

Go into the settings on the 360 and disable Dolby audio

This is what I thought was a known issue waiting to be be fixed and I’ve been waiting over 6months, I have a sonos beam myself.

But seeing this post it seems virgin haven’t got a clue.

You’ll get basic stereo but there won’t be a delay.

Thanks for the advice but I've tried that. Sadly it is slightly better but there's not much of an improvement. Also, noticed some channels are worst than others which others have mentioned on here. It's annoying when you go to watch something that effectively is unwatchable.

So frustrating - just wished I had not upgraded.  Feeling it really is not fit for purpose and as you said Virgin do not seem to have a clue.

Hi Notliking360,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, we are sorry nothing has worked, did you reach out to Sonus forums to see if anyone else with the same issue has managed to find a fix?

Regards

Paul.