cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd V6 upgrade failed

Steveiow
Tuning in

My first V6 upgrade to TV360 went without a hitch. The 2nd V6 upgrade to TV360 keeps failing with a (error MA1/4/30) appearing on screen.

I've tried rebooting etc and still getting the same response. 

Anyone know of a solution ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM Steveiow,

A box replacement has been organised.

Do pop back up if you require further assistance.

All the best,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced Steveiow,

Welcome back to the community.

So we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM Steveiow,

A box replacement has been organised.

Do pop back up if you require further assistance.

All the best,

Kain

Thanks for your help Kain

Hi Kain. I seem to have another problem with the 2nd V6 box. The only thing that seemed to work on it was the Apps (netflix, prime video etc) so I clicked on the reboot button to try to get the other stuff working, I was trying to access the recordings and now all i get is the welcome page and then a downward facing arrow then it cycles back to the welcome page and so the cycle begins again. Ive left the box running.. are you able to send the update/upgrade to it again please.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Steveiow 

Try the following, it's worked for some forum members.

Turn off the box at switch;  then on the box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time.

Then turn on the box again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally as a V6

Hopefully after that you should be able to perform the 360 upgrade if it doesn't start it automatically

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

thanks for your quick response. I tried that twice yesterday and again just now, the button doesnt turn blue just goes to the welcome screen and so the cycle begins again. But thanks again for your suggestion.

i keep reading that the 2nd V6 should be swapped out for a TV mini box. Im not sure how correct that is but this 2nd V6 is definately not working. Upgrading to TV360 has definitely been far more hassle than it's worth.

Sorry to hear this issue with the upgrade is ongoing @Steveiow To best look into this I am sending you another private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs