cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd V6 box issue

loscassidy76
Dialled in

I have just changed packages and got a ultimate volt package that included a 2nd box.

I asked at the time does this need to be plugged into the coax  cable coming in from outside. I was told it didnt and it can just connect via wifi, but looking at the install manuals and videos they all say it needs plugging in. was i lied too? also odd that it didnt come with the next 360 remote and no sign of BB upgrade or netflix sub. can anyone help??

cheers

Cass

6 REPLIES 6

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You need to book a tech to come round and install the second V6 which does indeed need to be cabled.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Good to see virgin lied to me. 

im guessing the 360 stuff isn’t standard then. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to the 360 board - if you've also chosen to migrate to TV360 alongside your package change, then you'll no longer have a V6.

Regardless of which software platform your TV boxes run on (TiVo/V6 or 360), all VM TV boxes need 2 connections..

1: The physicla co-ax cable that carries live TV channels

2: The internet (via your home-hub) for OnDemand, streaming & various updates.

Your change of billing-package is completely separate from your choice to convert to TV360. Although you've done it at the same time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

just more annoyed that I asked if it needed connecting and I was told no it would work over Wi-Fi. They even said no otherwise they would need to book me an engineer but I don’t need one for a second room box. 

the 360 part was just me presuming it was standard now. 

roy247
Community elder

Just to add to japitts post, if your new box has arrived with the same remote as your old box then you haven't been upgraded to 360 you have been upgraded to multiroom, or have you received one 360 remote and you need a second 360 remote for your original box, 

Hi loscassidy76,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the confusion over the new TV box. This would need connecting via the Co-ax cables and then connecting to the internet, either via Ethernet cable or wirelessly. I will send you a PM now to get this booking of a tech visit sorted. Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill