cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100:70 - Not able to access Sky Sports on 2nd V360 box

BristolBillyBob
Tuning in

Hi

I'm having an issue trying to get a 100:70 error code resolved, where a second V360 box in my bedroom is unable to access Sky Sports, possibly because I don't think the coax was connected when it did the set-up.

Nobody I'm chatting to online (on the rare occasion I manage to get through to someone who does something other than check my security details for the millionth time before sending me unceremoniously to another team) seems to have a clue what they're talking about, so I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help? My understanding from reading these forums is that someone needs to send an activation code to the box. Can anyone either help me with this, help me get to someone within Virgin Media who can, or tell me which team I need to ask for when I finally get through?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry to hear this was unresolved for you @BristolBillyBob

I have check the systems at our side and resent the signal to try a resolve your Sky Sport missing channels. Please can you try a reboot for me at your next convenience and let me know if you have any further issues.  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are correct to suspect that the multiroom box likely needs activation codes being re-sent.

There's two ways you can achieve this, depending on how urgently you want this resolving.

1: Call in - 150 from VM or 0345 4541111 otherwise, choose options for "I have a fault", press nothing else, just wait - and explain your fault to the agent. In other words, I'm missing channels from my second box.

2: Wait on this forum, staff should respond but it may take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, japitts. I'll keep trying VM using the method you've suggested and will report back, but if anyone from the company is able help in the meantime, that'd be appreciated too!

Hi BristolBillyBob,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems with the second 360 box that you have. I can see you've spoken with the team about this problem - have they been able to resolve this issue for you or are you still needing support?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,

No, after an hour and a half on chat, still failed to achieve anything. Can you assist please? 

Thanks

Sorry to hear this was unresolved for you @BristolBillyBob

I have check the systems at our side and resent the signal to try a resolve your Sky Sport missing channels. Please can you try a reboot for me at your next convenience and let me know if you have any further issues.  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

Thanks, the box is working correctly now after a reboot. Much appreciated! 🙂

I would definitely suggest that it's worth training your staff on this. I'm clearly not the only one to have had this problem, and the only time I actually eventually managed to communicate with anyone they told me quite categorically it was a hard disk fault and tried to book me an engineer visit, which would cost you money and me time. And I know from years of experience how much Virgin Media hates spending money... 😉

Thanks again.

Hello BristolBillyBob,

Thank you very much for your reply.

We can certainly pass on your recent experience to the relevant persons.

Like you said a visit would cost both money and the inconvenience of you having to stay home for 4 hours.

If you need anything else at all, Head back this way and we can look at what needs fixing.

Gareth_L