Menu
Retina
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

receiving international calls

When I first signed up for a Virgin Media landline account we were able to receive calls from Australia without any problems. Now, whenever we get a call it goes straight to voicemail. We have not blocked the caller and their number is in our contacts on the telephone. Any ideas on how to rectify this. We can call out without any problems.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: receiving international calls

Hi there Retina, 

Welcome to the forums and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry that you're having some issues with incoming calls. 

Are you having issues from any other line or just the calls from Australia? Does the caller advise if the line rings before going to voicemail at all? (do you have your own answer machine or just the 1471 service from us? )

Please do let us know and we can go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Retina
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Thanks for the response.

We're not having any problems with other calls, although we are unable to check International dialing from elsewhere other than Australia, as we don't know anyone outside of that region to check. We can dial out to them without any problems.

We have our own answer machine as part of the phone. The phone rings at our end but the caller says that it's just going straight to answerphone.

Cheers

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your reply Retina, 

Are you able to disable the answer machine and ask your friends to try calling to see what happens? 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Retina
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not sure - but we'll give it a go.

Watch this space, thanks for the suggestion.

Steve

0 Kudos
Retina
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tried switching off the answer phone, and the first time, I was able to pick up when I saw the message 'unavailable, blocked' on the handset. However, the last couple of tries has resulted in no message at all on the handset, and going straight through to answerphone. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Retina,

I am going to send you a private message, if you can reply that would be most helpful Smiley Happy

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
PeoplePower
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I also have difficulty with receiving International calls from Canada with the person telling me they couldnt get through.

I ended up having to call them..... at my expense. 

0 Kudos