Menu
had_enough1
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

phone line not working

I have a Virgin Media land line that hasn't been working consistently for over three years! Engineers come and fix it, it works briefly and then doesn't. Very often I'm unaware that it isn't working because I am not receiving calls. It's only when I go to use the phone that I discover it's not working again and have no idea how long for. Out of interest I asked a neighbour if he had been experiencing the same problem. It turns out he has apparently been experiencing the same problems for just as long. According to the neighbour the engineers know exactly what he problem is but do nothing about it. Probably, as digging up the road would be too expensive. The line connections in the box in the road outside of my neighbours house fills with water which causes the phone line to fail. At one point rather than do a proper job the box was just tarmac over in the hope this would solve the problem, but it didn't and water still gets into the box. This has been going on for over 3 years. I expect a continuous service, not an intermittent one or having to continuously call out engineers  I expect a refund for 3 years of line rental and the problem fixed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone line not working

Hi had_enough1

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently. 

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, to look to get this issue resolved permanently as soon as possible.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi had_enough1

Thanks for getting back to me, from looking at your account I can see it's been months since an engineer has taken a look at this and as no action was arranged or taken as a result of that appointment we'd need to investigate this issue and keep track so we can progress this for you.

This means arranging for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available. To get that organised, just respond to my last message with the requested information and I'll look to get that sorted right away.

All we want is to help to get this issue resolved ASAP.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
had_enough1
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BTW

[Quote] All we want is to help to get this issue resolved ASAP.

No you don't. You are being obstructive and ignore the evidence as presented and I suspect have been trained to wear down Virgin Media customers to a point where, if they haven't already committed suicide, give up.

0 Kudos
had_enough1
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The last time an engineer visited was Tuesday 6th March 2018. I wouldn't call that months ago! The phone line is currently working, if you can all it that, given you cannot hear or have a conversation with the caller.

I noticed recently a Frome resident on Twitter complain about Virgin and landlines. He said that the network which was installed in the 90s is crumbling and water infiltrates the external boxes. So myself, and my neighbour are not the only ones!

So back to my original complaint. Send ground engineers to sort this out. I also want a contact to take this matter further, including a refund of rental for the last 3 years. Neither of which you have taken action on.

0 Kudos
had_enough1
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The last time an engineer visited was Tuesday 6th March 2018. I wouldn't call that months ago! The phone line is currently working, if you can all it that, given you cannot hear or have a conversation with the caller.

I noticed recently a Frome resident on Twitter complain about Virgin and landlines. He said that the network which was installed in the 90s is crumbling and water infiltrates the the external boxes. So myself and my neighbour are not the only ones!

So back to my original complaint. Send ground engineers to sort this out. I also want a contact to take this matter further, including a refund of rental for the last 3 years. Neither of which you have taken action on.

0 Kudos
had_enough1
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Craig

Why haven't you replied to my last message?

Virgin seems to have an issue with record keeping and reporting faults to ground engineers. 3 YEARS! You implied that an engineer hadn't been for ages when in fact it was only 2 weeks previously.

As you kept insisting I have an engineer coming out today. Guess why? Because mine and my neighbours phones aren't working again.

Maybe you can get back to me, when they file their report.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi had_enough1

Thanks for getting back to me, I didn't respond to your latest messages as I had previously stated that in order to check this issue, we'd need to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, which I'm glad to hear you've now organised.

As previously mentioned, I am sorry for the inconvenience you're experiencing with this issue, it's certainly not the service we want you to experience and my only intention throughout this interaction has been to help to get this issue resolved, even if you feel otherwise. 

We'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

0 Kudos
had_enough1
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The engineer came. He seemed exasperated that this was the same ongoing problem to do with the connection box or whatever you call it in the ground outside the houses. He fixed the problem (so we thought) at about 11:00 this morning and said he would make a report to the Network Department.

It is now 17:20 and mine and my neighbours phones are dead! Unbelievable!! 

When am I going to get a refund for 3 years of line rental? In fact I don't see why I should be paying for this service any longer unless something is done.

As I have repeatedly said this is not an internal problem and why should I have to call out an engineer yet again. Do something about it!

Just spoken to my neighbour and he has been in touch with Virgin Media and they have upgraded his complaint to OFCOM and another engineer is coming out yet again on Wednesday. No doubt they will fix the problem and no doubt it will fail again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi had_enough1

Thanks for the update and apologies again for the continued inconvenience. 

I've located your account and can see that the engineer has reported this issue to our network teams, which was closed late last night by them after the requested action was made. I really hope that means there's been some change in your service? If not, let me know and I'll contact the engineering manager in your area for this to be escalated right away.

Additionally, we don't expect you to pay for a service we know you're not receiving, so when the issue has been resolved, let us know and we'll credit you back for that time.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos