Menu
robinmgt
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

incoming calls only after we have rung out

We can ring out without a problem, and for the next 3hrs or so we can receive calls. If we don't ring out, when we get an incoming call it only rings the once then shuts off. This started in late September and since then we have had 5 visits from 4 different engineers! We have had a new master socket installed as well as a re-wire from the socket to the front door. We have tried 3 different handsets in the master socket, and each engineer has tried his own handset and rang our landline with his mobile for it to only ring the once. They have all gone to the green box outside, but what they have done i do not know. It is always working when they leave, but has stopped receiving incoming calls within 3hrs. There must be someone in  a large organisation that is Virgin Media who can get our fone working as normal. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: incoming calls only after we have rung out

Hi robinmgt,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear that your landline still isn't working.  I have taken a look and although all looks ok from here remotely I would like to arrange for someone to come back round and get this sorted out.  I will also work with the area manager to ensure we get to the bottom of this as well.

I will request some details in a private message, look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
robinmgt
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: incoming calls only after we have rung out

An engineer called last Friday morning and brought a fone with him from home. He connected it to our master socket, rang our number and it rang once then cut off! He also tried our phones for the same result, but he managed to get a phone to accept calls before he left. This happens every time an engineer calls but within a short time we cannot receive calls. Once again the engineer didn't bring the keys needed to access some of the areas of our block of flats. I have noticed a previous poster who also lives in a block of flats has a similar problem which was found to be caused by damp /water getting into connections not correctly sealed. Could this be happening with our line? This has been going on since September and we seem to be getting no further to solving our problem. Hopefully someone at Virgin can come up with an answer as it is getting beyond a joke now.

Thank you

0 Kudos