Menu
Moderator (Retired) Huw_B
Moderator (Retired)
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: home phone two problems one quick ring and goes off

Hello Katrina222, 

I'm really sorry to hear that the phone line is still not working, and that the booked repul did not happen as planned on 11th January. 

I've taken a look at this and can see that there is currently an open complaint raised on the account with regards to this issue. 

I'm going to send you a private message so we can discuss things further. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
katrina222
Tuning in
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sad that this has not been resolved

I live on my own and have no telephone, yet I am being charged for that service, complaint not responded to, cable pull team did not show up and I lost an afternoons wage more upsetting was no telephone over christmas and the new year and despite my very best efforts to resolve this nothing has been done.

If this matter is not resolved by my next bill date I will consult in the martin Lewis forums on advice since I have made virgin media aware, and how to go about contacting the ombudsman service where you fail to respond in a timely fashion to a complaint you should offer a complaints reference number but sadly you do not all you promise is that its logged on our system, how very sad.

thank you for taking the time to read this message

I have downloaded previous messages to show that I have tried to resolve the matter

18 Jan 2019

0 Kudos
katrina222
Tuning in
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Works not complete but at least they turned up

To anyone reading this I took this morning off work Thursday 31 January and lost another half days pay and sadly the works are still not completed.

Although the team were on site they ran into problems and, I do not have a returned date and fear that taking more time off to try and resolve this is making it unviable to me, This has been a long drawn out process which if you look back has been on going for a very long time, whilst I appreciate the cable pulling team did turn up I have already run out of favor at work and in this climate where jobs are hard to come by feel a little let down by virgin media

thank you to anyone reading this

Gail

0 Kudos
katrina222
Tuning in
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

the access point is not outside the bus stop as there is no cover there, please read my notes.

this has gone on now for too long.

the cable which was pulled was brand new as of February of this year your engineers decided to cut it short and join it onto a bad peace of cable which did not connect to the cabinet (confirmed by the site visit yesterday by your own engineer) the cable should never have been cut as the problem was a collapsed pipe

which required planning permission to dig up the pavement and replace the broken pipe once the broken pipe was replaced my new coiled up cable was going to go through this new pipe, sadly you decided not to replace the broken pipe rather it was cheaper to join my new cable onto an old cable which was what you did, this old cable was also faulty, well done  this has been on going since Christmas four months and still not resolved

I should be entitled to compensation for loss of service plus the many days taken off work to attend site visits which result in nothing except 4 months

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katrina222, 

Very sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved.

so I can assist you further I'm going to pop you a PM (little purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Kind regards, 

ALEX_RM

0 Kudos
katrina222
Tuning in
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Still no progress on the outstanding issue since christmas

Still no progress on the outstanding issue since christmas

the cable which was pulled was brand new as of February of this year your engineers decided to cut it short and join it onto a bad peace of cable which did not connect to the cabinet (confirmed by the site visit yesterday by your own engineer) the cable should never have been cut as the problem was a collapsed pipe

which required planning permission to dig up the pavement and replace the broken pipe once the broken pipe was replaced my new coiled up cable was going to go through this new pipe, sadly you decided not to replace the broken pipe rather it was cheaper to join my new cable onto an old cable which was what you did, this old cable was also faulty, well done this has been on going since Christmas five months and still not resolved.

A visiting engineer who has a light grey car  visited and pulled back a protective brown plastic cable cover and left the wire exposed at street level. An F plug was also left exposed to the rain and will suffer water ingress into the brand new cut short cable, did Monty python write this sketch?

0 Kudos