Menu
alanjbarr
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

crackling phone line

Hi our phoneline is crackling, when I check the service status gets to 99% then stops, tried dialing 150 but it says number not recognised. 

Thanks

Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: crackling phone line

Hi alanjbarr

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently.

I've located your account to test the line, we're not detecting any errors at the moment though.

Have you been able to test your handset at all? Either by trying an alternate handset or your handset on an alternate line? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
alanjbarr
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

unless we purchase another telephone handset we have no way of checking the line. any other way to check?

thanks

Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan

The other way is plug your handset into an alternate line and see how it works.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
awr1946
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ve had this problem on and off for some time now.  I have 2 cordless phones and the fault shows on both of them.  Last week a VM engineer spent some time here, checked the box outside our house and the main box across the road.  He adjusted some wires on our box - his report says “reconnected in omni wire was pulled very tight”.  When he tried to replicate the fault using his equipment plugged into our socket there was no crackling but it still is on our phones.  I could understand it if it was on one phone only but it’s on both of them.  So we’re back to square one and barely able to hear anyone on the line which gets progressively worse as the call goes on. 

0 Kudos