Home Phone
Help with your Virgin Phone line
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Home phone

Yesterday I posted about no dialling tone on the house phone,  only to be told virgin had switched it off because it was connected to a wall socket,  I was reassured it would be switched back on, until an engineer could attend,  as my dad has to be c...

Inbound calls to land-line failing

I was just on a call and it got cut-off. The caller tried to ring back but I got no caller ID. I ansered and got a disconnected tone. All attempts to call the landline are ringing but when answered, the tone is just the dial-tone.Called VM twice - fr...

philt by Dialled in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Phone not working (Telephony disabled in Hub 3)

HiJust bought a home phone and it's not working with the adapter on Hub 3. When I go to the Hub 3 in modem mode or normal mode it shows "Telephony disabled" so I guess this is the issue. The old socket also doesn't work. Please help

ltbobby by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Dialling Tone on Landline

Hi I have no dialling tone on my landline. After being on hold for over forty minutes i eventually spoke to a lady who sounded helpful but was just reading a script, I explained that i was using anon virgin mobile phone and it was costing me as i was...

Phone fibre adapter

I have received a phone fibre adapter and looking at the installation instructions it will not work with the setup I have at the moment. The phone socket is in a remote location to the hub so is not a simple plug in solution as described in the instr...

Barry_P by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub Phone Sockets

I'm a retired BT Engineer and I'm waiting for my phone line to be transferred from the Virgin copper network over to the Broadband Router. The adaptor has arrived and I await the changeover next week.One thing I've noticed is this... On the web page ...

Opera Snapshot_2023-08-01_111844_www.virginmedia.com.png
pete6673 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Can't use phone via hub

I've just had to buy a new computer. The old one had a port for a phone, and it worked well. The new PC doesn't have that facility, so I bought an adapter (There wasn't one with the hub) and used it to plug the phone into the hub. I'm not getting a d...

neitshade by On our wavelength
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

port number from talk talk

hi, due to have services installed tomorrow from talk talk and asked for number to be ported over from talk talk to virgin, but got told can't do this until services have been installed, is this correct, have had landline number for over 30years and ...

amy1939 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! I want to keep my old land line number

Hi:I wonder if you could help please.My husband is on a low pension and can no longer afford his old contract with Virgin, which runs out next month.I now have a small pension that will cover Virgin on a new contract, which I have set up.My problem i...

denlesy by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Landline won’t work

I have connected my landline to my hub 5 but can not get it to work. I have no dialling tone on the phone, I have rebooted but still nothing. I had it plugged into an NTL phone line socket that I have had since before time began which worked with no ...

Belfast4 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos