Menu
sooze29
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You have a message waiting - how can you delete?

I actually thought it was my answering machine and even bought a new phone but it appears to be something to do with virgin but I cannot get rid of it, any ideas? There are no messages so I have tried that first.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: You have a message waiting - how can you delete?

Hi sooze29

Thanks for getting in touch!

I've checked and it looks like we'll need to flag this back to our  back office teams if this is the voicemail feature via the landline we have provided.

Can you please confirm you don't also have voicemail built into the handset? I need to check this before this gets passed back,

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
sooze29
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My phone is a BT answering machine with two handsets so I don't know if that is what you mean by answering service built into handset. Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi sooze29,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Are you hearing an intermittent dial tone when you pick up the phone?

I have reset the message waiting indicator just in case this is the problem but if you don't wish to use our 1571 service and would rather use your own answer machine then I'd recommend giving us a call to remove the Virgin voicemail.

You can reach the team free on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and our customer service team will be happy to help.

Please let me know if there's any problems.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos