Menu
RogerC1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Landline "number not recognised"

We stopped having a landline plugged in because of frequent spam calls but needed to call Virgin today so plugged back in to dial 150, however the line does not appear to be working. We have tried calling our number but get a recorded message saying that the number is not recognised. We spent over an hour on the mobile calling the 0345 number to sort out our other issue but would also like to sort the issue with the phone.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Landline "number not recognised"

Hi RogerC1

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Apologies you're having issues with our telephone services. We understand the frustration especially when you need to get this sorted out.

When you plugged your phone back on the master socket did you get any dial tone at all? Have you got any extension sockets plugged in? If you do we would recommend unplugging all handsets from the sockets and just try your phone in the master socket only.

You may not be able too but we always recommend trying another handset just to make sure its not the equipment causing any issues.

With regards to the nuisance calls, you can register for TPS (telephone preference services) here this stops marketing, silent and nuisance calls to your home.

Can you try the above and let me know how you get on, if you still need further assistance after trying the diagnostics please come back to us.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
RogerC1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I don't think the issue is with our hardware, when we call our number it says the number is not recognised.

Just tried calling the number now and it actually rang this time but the phone on the landline did not ring and the landline phone has a "no line" message on the screen.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi RogerC1,

Thank you for getting back to us and confirming that you've completed all the requested tests. As you've been unable to restore functionality, I'd like to arrange an engineer visit for you.

We'll need to clear account security to access the relevant systems. I'll send you a private message now, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos