Menu
andypandyplod
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Very Poor Service

Hi,I have just joined,and have a problem.On 14th February,a Gas Company looking for leaks outside my house,damaged the virginmedia cable,on the pavement outside my house.I still have Internet but no phone dial tone.My Wife has COPD,and poor lungs and heart function.She is  Disabled and Bedridden. We need a home phone for Doctor or visiting Nurses ,or our chemist to contact us.This is a Big Problem for us.I phoned the Virgimedia help line to explain our problem.After 10 minutes of verifying,etc the person from India told me he would inform the repairs department.Next  day a Virginmedia Engineer attended,but was unable to get our phone working because of the damaged cable.Next day two Contract men came,and changed the cable from my ouside box back to the kiosk.  Still no dial tone. I filled in a Complaint form,and got a standard reply about they would be in touch.Days went by and I ended up puting two more Complaints in by email. (If I could have spoken to someone it would have been easier and quicker).I managed to get through by mobile to someone at the complaints department,he was completely useless,gave me an appointment for the 27th 13 days after I reported the fault!.He did nothing else even though I explained the urgency. So I am now NINE days later still no home phone!!  What a dreadful service,a clear case of a Company which has got too big,and lost the plot!!  I have been with Virginmedia for over 20 years,please advise me?.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Poor Service

Hi andypandyplod,

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the community.

So I can assist you further, I'll send you a quick PM so I can get some details.

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos