Menu
Highlighted
Booh77
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unfair charge made on phone bill

I got my bill with a 72p extra charge on my bill for phone call when I rang up customer service they said I rang mobile number from landline one I have a mobile so don't ring off my landline to call mobile or landline numbers 🔢 anyone else have this problem as they said I made 2calls one after the other when not in they said they knock of bill but will see as I'm not paying for phone calls especially when I'm not in my home 🏡 

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unfair charge made on phone bill

Hi 

If you ring your mobile from your landline, is it the right number showing up? If not you may have a crossed line!

If I was you I would ask them to test your phone line as it sounds to me you may have a fault on the line.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Booh77, 

Welcome to the forums and for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you have a charge on your line for a call you advise you have not made.

Have you made any calls from your landline at all? As nick_london advises, if you call your mobile from your landline, is this showing to be your number or a different number? (You can also call 174/ 175 from your landline and it will read back the number you are connected to) 

If it is a different number then you may have what is called a crossed line - where you are connected to another line in error. A technician can get this fixed for you. 

If you are connected to your own number then someone in the home would have called that number. 

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Booh77
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Iv only used my landline once back in October what I got charged for this one had no number just said it was mobile at 10pm when I rung up as I'm not home and live alone no one can be calling mobile numbers they decide to credit me the money so happy now as my phone I only used for incoming calls to me from who has my number 

0 Kudos