Menu
SuperKM
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

UB3 area no phone line for 9 weeks (& 5 wks UB4 area)!!

I am in the UB3 area and haven't had a phoneline for 9 WEEKS!!!

My parents are in UB4 area and haven't had a phone line for 5 weeks!!

I have called numerous times and been cut-off when I tell them what the issue is, spoken to rudely and told that my query has been sent to deadlock (whatever that is) and then receive a letter to say that the fault has been corrected.  It's beyond a joke!  

Have had to buy more mobile data, Virgin are still taking money from my account for this service and meanwhile I get a letter to say that they are increasing my monthly installment - this is becoming comical.

My house alarm is also connected to the phone line so am now without security which is very unnerving. And I am paying for that service on a monthly basis too but not being able to receive the service due to no phone line!!  This is more than just a lack of communication service, this is about security too.

Spent an hour on the phone last week, being passed from one department to another and the only explanation I am getting is that it will be resolved in 2 days which is exactly the same as the text message notification, of which I now have in excess of 90!

The last update said the standard text: Virgin Media Outage Update - Descirption: Service Update. Telephone fault F006615416.  The latest update we have is: We have identified the problem and an engineer is on theri way.  The estimated repair time is now: 04/12/2018 12:00:00.

- Well it still isn't fixed and I haven't had any further update text messages

No one I have spoken to at Virgin Media seems to know what the issue is?

What on earth is going on Virgin Media?  What is actually the issue?  When realistically are we going to get a fix to the issue?  

ANSWERS PLEASE!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: UB3 area no phone line for 9 weeks (& 5 wks UB4 area)!!

Hello SuperKM,

I am very sorry to hear that, As your complaint has gone to deadlock unfortunately there is nothing we can do, this will now be investigated by an independent adjudicator, I am really sorry and appreciate this has been a poor experience, this is all covered in our complaints code of practice here virg.in/compscop

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
SuperKM
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I don't know what deadlock is - in fact I was told that the issue has been resolved and they were trying to compensate for that period (inadequately) but I said no because it wasn't fixed so therefore wasn't adequate and didn't cover the expenses I have had to pay out because of this issue.

They sent a letter to say the issue is resolved (which it never has been) so this deadlock letter is incorrect so how can it be a deadlock - what is a deadlock anyway??

Is a deadlock an excuse to not resolve the issue and leave me without a phone service?

Which independent adjudicator is looking at this - this was 6 weeks ago and I haven't heard from anyone??  How can we chase this up?

It's been over 2 months that I haven't had a phone line - I've never known anything like it!!

Please advise next steps!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi SuperKM,

The deadlock process is covered in the link I have provided, as explained above it means your complaint is now with an independent adjudicator, they will investigate this and recommend the best course of action to take.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
SuperKM
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

And in the meantime, what is happening about the phone fault??
0 Kudos