Re: UB3 - No phone for nearly 2 weeks

And now it has moved to the 12th.

0 Kudos
Athene
Joining in
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

There were two "engineer on their way" and "estimated repair time" messages on the 12th.

There were two more on the 13th.

There another two on the 14th

It would be nice if VM stopped lying, wouldn't it?.

0 Kudos
RussMidd
Tuning in
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

And it still isn't working!

Is there someone, a named individual not a generic helpline/call centre, in Virgin I can contact that will get me a direct answer?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi RussMidd,

I am sorry to hear that the line still isn't working due to the outage.  I have taken a look to see what the latest is and I can see the current estimated fix time is set for 29/11/2018 12:00:00.  

I have been having a closer look into the ticket to see what other information I could gather, unfortunately there isn't any new information other than our engineering team are working hard to resolve this as soon as they can.

I will keep an eye on this and update you as soon as anything new comes in other than a new fix time. 

I am sorry for the ongoing nature of the fault and I hope we'll have this fixed very soon.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
RussMidd
Tuning in
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette.

It doesn't matter what the ticket says, it will be wrong as it was showing a fix today for a while.  I ask again, how can I escalate this to someone who will give me a direct answer?

Regards

Russ

0 Kudos
Athene
Joining in
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Since October 18th I  have been receiving text messages from VM giving a "service update" and an estimated time for the reapir to be done.   The first three said that an engineer was "on site" and "working to fix" the problem.   Since then the message has changed to "an engineer is on their[sic] way"..

The fix is usually predicted for later on the same day, or some time the next day.    And how many of these service updates have I received in the last forty days?   Forty-eight!.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Russ

I'm just checking in to see how the issues with your phone line are at the moment? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RussMidd
Tuning in
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Just as broken as it was ~6 weeks ago. Fix time is still the normal 24/48 hours from now which it has been ever since this started.

I would like an escalation route to get a real reason for this and why they are not reaching out to affected customers with alternative .provision seeing as this is taking so long.

SuperKM
Joining in
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Well, I am also in the UB3 area and haven't had a phoneline for 9 WEEKS!!!

My parents are in UB4 area and haven't had a phone line for 5 weeks!!

I have called numerous times and been cut-off when I tell them what the issue is, spoken to rudely and told that my query has been sent to deadlock (whatever that is) and then receive a letter to say that the fault has been corrected.  It's beyond a joke!  

Have had to buy more mobile data, Virgin are still taking money from my account for this service and meanwhile I get a letter to say that they are increasing my monthly installment - this is becoming comical.

My house alarm is also connected to the phone line so am now without security which is very unnerving. And I am paying for that service on a monthly basis too but not being able to receive the service due to no phone line!!  This is more than just a lack of communication service, this is about security too.

Spent an hour on the phone last week, being passed from one department to another and the only explanation I am getting is that it will be resolved in 2 days which is exactly the same as the text message notification, of which I now have in excess of 90!

The last update said the standard text: Virgin Media Outage Update - Descirption: Service Update. Telephone fault F006615416.  The latest update we have is: We have identified the problem and an engineer is on theri way.  The estimated repair time is now: 04/12/2018 12:00:00.

- Well it still isn't fixed and I haven't had any further update text messages

No one I have spoken to at Virgin Media seems to know what the issue is?

What on earth is going on Virgin Media?  What is actually the issue?  When realistically are we going to get a fix to the issue?  

ANSWERS PLEASE!!!

0 Kudos