Menu
Philip-Davidson
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Telephoned 150 to get the phone cut off

Trying to get a phone cut off. Listen to music for half hour and then was relayed through to India, and the person could only speak broken English and she put down the phone. Telephoned 150 to get the phone cut off said they would pass me through to the right department.. Put me through to India again broken English again person put down the phone. I want my telephone line cut off. At this moment a woman in India is trying to cut me off by putting down the phone but I am holding the line. I want my telephone line cut off. Nothing else just the telephone line.. A landline. Will not pay the extra cost. No promotions no sales pitch just cut off.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephoned 150 to get the phone cut off

Hi Philip-Davidson

Sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced in trying to contact the team recently. 

I wish I could help with this but unfortunately we're not able to cancel services via the Community. The only way of doing so is by giving our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other. 

Alternatively, you can write to us at Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ. It's worth mentioning that this will take a lot longer than calling us to get a response. 

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Nothappy65
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am also trying to get my phone disconnected ..realised I am paying £20 per month for something I hardly ever use and do not need. having tried for 5 days to speak to customer services, I managed to get through today only to be told if my phone is disconnected I would only save £2 per month due to my phone being part of a ‘package deal’. After 20+ years I think I have earned a better deal so will be looking elsewhere.

Philip-Davidson
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you do online banking click direct debit and then click cancel direct debit to virgin media. Do not worry about debt collection the option to cancel the service is deliberately made awkward that makes them liable and not you. You will be surprised they will telephone you! they will try to offer you a better deal and then they will settle on reactivating on your part of direct debit for the service you want and not what you do not want.
They are a very sly dodgy company.
0 Kudos
Philip-Davidson
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Nothappy65 wrote:

I am also trying to get my phone disconnected ..realised I am paying £20 per month for something I hardly ever use and do not need. having tried for 5 days to speak to customer services, I managed to get through today only to be told if my phone is disconnected I would only save £2 per month due to my phone being part of a ‘package deal’. After 20+ years I think I have earned a better deal so will be looking elsewhere.

If you wish to make a formal complaint to virgin media telephone CISAS they will give you the e-mail address to complain to virgin media and the telephone number. They will also give you a number to Ofcom. If you are not satisfied with virgin media's response telephone the number that you were given to Ofcom and they will give you a case number. It is a good idea to tell them how long you have listened to the music and when you got through if you got through what happened record it if you can. it is a very simple process a walk in the park easy.
https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/

0 Kudos