Menu
Paulinemur
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Scam

I find it interesting that on the exact same day there is a legitimate hitch with my broadband service I start to receive blatant scam calls from India . The automated call was heading towards asking for account information when I hung up. The two issues must be linked. Are virgin media looking at how scammers are accessing the information?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam

I don't find it interesting at all. Looking for patterns when none exist is a human trait when we are trying to explain events that appear to be linked but aren't.  The telephone scam is very common. The scammers use automated dialling to ring series of numbers and hope to strike lucky with someone.  Good thing you are savvy enough not to fall for it. The fault with your broadband service is unrelated. VM cannot see how scammers are accessing information because the information does not come from VM. 

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam

Hi Paulinemur,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with your broadband, can you elaborate on this so I can assist further? 

Regarding the calls, Howard is correct (thank you HowardML). The calls wouldn't be anything to do with Virgin Media. 

Have you registered with the TPS? You can find more about that here 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos