Menu
Declanworld
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rogue Charge

I've just had a message exchange via the VM app about a 19p call charge last week - I'm on Talk More Anytime so we can call UK landlines and mobiles for up to an hour for free.

The agent said the charge was due to the called number 'probably' belonging to the Lyca or Lebara carriers.  I told the agent that I'd done a check online on the number and it came up as a VM mobile!  I was advised not to worry as the call charge was being waived 'this time'.

The real worry is that there are further exceptions to the Talk More Anytime allowance that are, at least, not apparent.  How can I see the fine print of the Talk More Anytime package?

Screenshot_20190806-095526_Virgin Media.jpg

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rogue Charge

Hi Declanworld, 

Sorry to hear that there's been some confusion over a number charge, this ins't what we like to hear. 

Have you been able to get to the bottom of things since your post on Tuesday? 

It might not be an issue with the package you're on but more the number you're calling, sometimes when providers release new numbers they might not have updated other networks yet and sometimes they can carry charges. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Declanworld
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emma.

The conversation ended there - the agent behaved as if I was being done a favour by waiving the charge instead of undertaking to get the systemic issue rectified.

Given that Talk More Anytime allows free calls, for up to an hour, to UK mobiles and landlines, customers shouldn't have to worry about potential charges to Uk mobiles and landlines.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Declanworld,

Again we would like to apologise for not only the error that has occurred but also the way one of our chat agents came across. We are however glad to see this has been rectified accordingly on your bill, if you need any further guidance here is all of our call plans.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos