Menu
Sarahlou45
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Possible scam call from virgin

Hello does anyone know if the following number is a genuine customer service number 0013034210113?

I've just had a call from this number. The woman didn't say who she was but did say she was from Virgin Media. She knew who the named account holder was but was very vague about her reason for calling and I admit to not being able to understand her very well. She started off by saying about our broadband, when I said to her there's nothing wrong with our broadband she said something about the router and other devices connected to it. When I said to her there was nothing wrong with our router she said something along the lines of "no, no I need to tell you......... Is your router on?" It was at this point I told her I had to go and hung up. It all sounded very suspicious to me. Before I report it to ActionFraud I thought I'd see if I could find out if it was a genuine call from Virgin or not. (Although I'm suspecting not)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible scam call from virgin

Hi Sarahlou45

I'm sorry to hear about the nuisance calls you've been receiving recently.

With the limited information provided, this doesn't sound like a call we'd make. We only call with clear reasons, so without knowing the reasons why she mentioned she was calling it's very hard to say.

You've done the right thing though, if unsure at any time you can always ask the person you're speaking with to make a note on your account, hang up and dial 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other to make sure the note is there, and prove the call is from a genuine Virgin Media employee.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos