Menu
Highlighted
Hal2001
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Port BT Landline number to Virgin (already has VM landline)

Here's a variation on the "port BT landline to Virgin" question that I can't find in the forums.

I have an existing VM package which includes a landline and I have a separate BT landline as well.

I no longer need two landlines, but I want to keep the BT number, switching it to VM. 

How would that work please? Would I need to have two VM phone lines for a while, or can I just port the BT number to VM, replacing the VM number?

A supplementary question... is it possible to have multiple phone numbers on one VM landline, and if so, would that be very expensive?

Any guidance would be welcome.

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Port BT Landline number to Virgin (already has VM landline)

Hi Andrew, 

Thanks for posting, I'm sure I can help out here.

If you want your BT landline number on your VM service, that's certainly something we can do. 

You simply have to call us on 03454541111 and request a port and we can get this arranged. The line must remain active with BT until ported.

You won't even need to contact them at all, unless you have other services with BT.

Also, we can install a new line at your home that would be separate to your existing one. It's £19.00 line rental per phoneline currently.

If you need any more information, please let us know.

I hope this helped, 

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Hal2001
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dan - I'll make the call!

0 Kudos
Hal2001
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Update on my port request.

On Tuesday afternoon, (1:55 pm Tuesday 22nd May) I called customer services (on 150) to ask about a number port. I was told that it would be no problem, and would be completed within three working days, i.e. by the end of Friday 25th. The young lady simply initiated the process, without any discussion, really. I simply gave her the number I was interested in porting and she typed a few things and sad words to the effect of "that's in progress and will be done within three working days.". 

What was NOT stated was that the BT line would be dead for that time. I expected an interruption to service, possibly even a few hours, but not that the line would bc unusable for the three days. I discovered that the line was dead by having a family member call my mobile to tell me that the land line was just ringing and ringing. Of course, we heard nothing at this end.

Current status is that incoming callers hear a ring tone, and we hear the phone ringing, but it's dead when we pick up. That's been the case since Wednesday morning. We can't make outbound calls on that line either... no dial tone.

If this had been up to a day, then that's just a nuisance. But from Wednesday morning until now (Saturday morning, as I write) is not acceptable. I can't get any joy on the 150 number - it just plays a recorded message saying "we're aware of a problem", and then sends me around and around "press 1... etc."

Can someone please look into this and let me know what's going on? I can PM someone with my account info.

Thanks.

Andrew. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hal2001,

I am sorry to hear that you have no dial tone since the number port went through.  I would like to check this out for you and get this sorted out.  I will request some details in a private message.  Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos