Menu
Highlighted
Vivmarlewis
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Poor mobile signal again

Hi coverage checker always shows good signal around MK but I rarely get a decent signal had phone checked all ok signal on same phone on Tesco mobile full strength

Called customer services previously but no help. Poss have to move as having to use wife's phone and not using my data etc 

Can anyone help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor mobile signal again

Hi there Vivmarlewis, welcome to our forums.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the signal.

Are you able to go through some diagnostics on the following link? virg.in/phonefix

Thanks

Nathan B

0 Kudos
Vivmarlewis
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Spent hrs trying phone fix (Poor signal) when got on time no ok then asked colour of phone put in black and nothing ( page off to one side unable to see if continue button

Now very fed up as using wife's mobile  Tesco paying for calls and data but not able to use if not sorted will cancel and send phone back and get one from Tesco or pay off phone and go to tesco used to recommend virgin but not anymore

Needs sorting!!!!!!!!°°°

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vivmarlewis,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I'm really sorry to hear you having some issue with the phone signal there.

I would just like to check a few things with you:

• Do you have signal problems when away from home?
  • Do other networks have a signal problem at your property?
  • Does your signal improve if you put your SIM card in a different handset?
  • Have you tried replacing your SIM card.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Vivmarlewis
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi the signal is very poor where ever I am my wife's mobile on Tesco always has a good signal where ever we are.

I started to have this problem with my old phone but got a new phone from virgin but over the last few months I am having the same problems i understand that virgin use 're for signals as my son has been having the same problems in Milton Keynes and Olney areas and he is not happy with 're

I have tried using the SIM in another phone but they are all locked to their networks. I was told that I should try a new SIM but have yet not been able told contact Virgin for one

Hope you can help as I am having to use my wife's phone

Thanks. Viv Lewis

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Viv,

Thank you for taking the time to post back in the Community with this information.

I would like to look at your account a little further and check the SIM that you have and see if we would need to send out a replacement at all.

So I can do that I will need some further information

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon.

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vivmarlewis,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me with the requested information and for clearing security.

I have had a look at the account for you and from what I can see there should be good network coverage in your area.

I have ordered you a new SIM card to try, and I hope this resolves the issue for you. 

This should be with you within the next 5 days. Please follow the instructions within the letter to activate the new SIM.

If there is any further issues just pop back and let us know.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Vivmarlewis
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Well spent a week in Lincoln could not believe how good the signal was and the speed on the web

Returned to home (Olney/ Milton Keynes to a new SIM as promised and low and behold back to a very poor signal

It appears Virgin are unable to provide me with a decent signal. Will be sorting to get my number moved to where I am able to use the phone

Very disappointed 

0 Kudos
tadejus90
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Everyone,

I have the same problem. I don't have a signal (especially inside the buildings) and at the some areas wherever I'm, even if my colleagues have it. If I checked network coverage I should get high speed and full coverage 4G. What could I do? My mobile is Honor 7X, Overall I'm happy with Virgin mobile, but that I can't use the phone at home and inside some buildings in the city centre make me thinking to change my mobile network provider.
Thanks
Ted

0 Kudos
Vivmarlewis
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi had this problem a couple of years ago but it was ok after a week my problem has been over a month tried all sorts Virgin even sent a new SIM but no better

Wife phone on Tesco (02) is great my son's phone on ee(virgin) has become rubbish recently

If my phone's not locked I will be changing have spoken to others over the past month who are with Virgin and we and are having problems and have given up with them

Good luck getting yours sorted

0 Kudos