Menu
WJYoung
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Phones not ringing

I have an engineer booked for Sat but this look like a regular issue;

I can call out but my phones don't ring. I have 2 portable phone systems. Neither ring, nor does an old wired phone solely plugged into the first socket. It connects if I pick up the phone, whilst calling it but the answering machine doesn't pick up, nor does any phone ring. If tested, the ringers work

It may be my imagination but the dial tone also seems to take longer to appear, when calling out!

Is this a recognised issue? Any advice

Thanks for any help. Cheers Bill

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phones not ringing

Hi WJYoung

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community ,apologies for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your telephone service. 

I've been able to take a look at this from our end and run some tests and we're not detecting any obvious errors so an engineers appointment would be the best bet.

We'd love to hear how that goes and will be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
WJYoung
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Craig,

Hi! An engineer has been but the situation is not going forward.

The engineer was here for about 75 mins and the outcome was that he wasn't able to fix my problem, he made some disparaging remarks about the internal processes of VM and referred the issue back to me to progress.

His report says:

I referred your issue to the following dept or person: FSOC team/Cust Relations (doesn't seem correct as I am having to progress this!)

Technician Comments: FSOC unable to connect to change E side (x2 attempts over 15 changes each call). Advised to refer to Networks. Networks told not Networks division to resolve. FSOC advised me to request that the customer call Customer Relations to potentially change phone number

I have subsequently been bounced around VM, having to repeatedly explain the situation to  4 agents and am currently speaking to a lady in FSOC who initially advised me that the only resolution is to give me a new number. That isn't an acceptable resolution and I insisted that something else be done. After a long wait, another engineer has been booked for next week and VM now agrees that there should be another resolution.

The service has been poor and simply encourages customers to be difficult. I await the next step!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi WJYoung

I am sorry to hear you have been having issues explaining this to our teams Smiley Sad

If this is still an issue for you can you please pop back to me on a Pm and let me know:

• Your name
  • If you are the account holder
  • The phone number in question
  • Your full address

I'll then be able to look into this further.

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
WJYoung
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My phone suddenly started working again. The scheduled engineer visit did not happen, so VM obviously fixed whatever external item that they broke but no-one bothered to inform me. I've spent the morning trying to establish that the issue is actually resolved and if I would receive compensation. To achieve this took 2 phone calls (they hung up on me 1st time, as they couldn't grasp why I didn't want another engineer visit!) and explaining the situation 3 times. The whole customer service process is an in-cohesive mess with no case management and without systems and departments who talk to each other. Basically you're on your own negotiating between them. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
WJYoung
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My phone is not working again! They told me that it was resolved (although it was clear that the agent didn't know what the technical dept had done). Why did you cancel my scheduled visit if it wasn't fixed? The customer service stinks and so apparently does the technical service. Am trying again to get it fixed but no doubt will have to wait another week for another engineer (am  back to square 1?)

0 Kudos
WJYoung
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

They're sending an engineer, even though I referred them back to their own suggestion that the problem was on the E Side! Either technically or managerially they know what they're doing!

0 Kudos
WJYoung
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The engineer didn't even turn up (I had suggested that a visit would likely be a waste of time, so perhaps I should be pleased that someone recognised there wasn't any purpose to it). They then phoned to say that they've UNILATERALLY CHANGED MY TELEPHONE NUMBER, after 17 years of the same number!

They couldn't/wouldn't explain how they temporarily fixed it. I was told by the engineer to call VM and complain if I didn't like it. Not only am I unhappy about the "resolution" but the customer service has been shockingly bad.

I've logged a complaint, will go to the ombudsman, complain on Twitter, to Resolver and contact Martin. This such poor service, perhaps finally time to leave VM if this is how they deal with (previously) loyal customers. I also notice that I'm not now getting reassuring replies from the VM staff on this forum!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi WJYoung

I appreciate you getting in touch with us about the phone issues you have been having and my apologies this is still ongoing and that the line number appears to have been changed.

If you have raised a complaint regarding this then the teams will be escalating this for you.

If you would like us to see what is happening with respect to this can you please pop back to me on a PM with:

• Your name
  • If you are the account holder
  • The phone number in question
  • Your full address

Many thanks and speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi WJYoung

I appreciate you popping back to me on your PM Smiley Happy

For some reason I'm unable to locate the account with the information you have provided.

This happens on a rare occasion Smiley Sad

Can you please pop back to me on your PM with the email address you use as a  contact for us?

I hope to be able to track it this way instead.

Thanks again!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos