Menu
Rgm1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone number not transferred

Moved to virgin on 20th August and was told phone number would be moved over by 3rd September. This did not happen.  Contacted virgin to be told that they were unable to transfer as line had been disconnected. And should need to contact previous supplier to get it reactivated.  Have done this and previous supplier informs me that number is still active and that all virgin need to do is renumber the phone line they gave.  Virgin operator does not know what the are talking about and eventually after being put on hold for ages came back on and says that it might be possible to get it changed and this would take until 25th September.  It was supposed to be done in the first case but 3rd September.  Why can’t the do it right away previous supplier say it is not that hard to do and that virgin just need to renumber.  I now have to wait to see if the can manage to do it or most likely fail again.  Having only been with virgin for a few weeks it does not bode well for the future if this is the standard of service provided.  Please get it sorted

0 Kudos
muffintastic
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone number not transferred

Same issue, had it installed the 23rd, then had to go through hoops and said it would be done by today, 6th September. I shouldn't need to ring Sky / Virgin again, since Sky won't cut services till the 17th and 28th. My mother in law is not a happy bunny.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone number not transferred

Hi Rgm1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community,

Sorry to hear that there has been some confusion with your number transferring over to us.

I'll need to take a closer look at the account so I can help you further with this. I'll pop you a private message requesting some more details.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos