Menu
Highlighted
2099colours
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone line down, unable to chat online... and deaf, so no calls on my behalf!

I'm currently trying to get in touch with Virgin Media about my home phone line being down, again, for weeks, again. Its not for my personal use, but my wife and kids if they need it (I'm paying for it, whether I want it or not, it should work). I can't get my wife to call as they wont deal with anyone but an account holder, i'm too deaf to use a phone really  (recent occurence, long after I became a customer), and the chat function is always down/busy... always! Bit frustrating.

What can I do about booking in someone to come fix the phone line, and also, who do I talk to about downgrading my account  to a smaller bundle (phone option only, again)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone line down, unable to chat online... and deaf, so no calls on my behalf!

Hi 2099colours,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.

I'd like to arrange for a technician to check your line so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

mjon3105
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line down, unable to chat online... and deaf, so no calls on my behalf!

Thanks, o/p, and responder. I too am deaf and cannot phone a helpline. Have been with Virgin Media (and its predecessors) for over 30 yrs and need urgently to contact LIVE CHAT as when signed in, I regularly need to check replies, see urgent messages appear in my INBOXZ and lo & behold they immediately disappear when I attempt to read them. They are then NOT in SPAM or any other inbox/outbox etc.

Has anyone else had this problem and if anyone from Virgin Media reads this can they kindly respond to my registered email address or via this site? Many thanks/Michael

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi  mjon3105,

Can you clarify what messages are disappearing? Is it in relation to your emails or messages on here?

Please can you give us more information and we will be happy to help you on here.

Thanks,

Lisa

mjon3105
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lisa: All my emails....not connected to any problems with Forum ..... I have been trying to contact LIVE CHAT team that Virgin Media Twitter team referred me to but never can connect to them during their operational hours. Thanks for your prompt and much-appreciated response.
0 Kudos
mjon3105
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lisa: to further clarify. They arrive in my VM email box but when I click on them instead of them opening, they just disappear and then cannot be traced anywhere, not in spam, not in inbox, or any other box, just vanish into 'thin' air...sorry if have not been clear enoughexplaining earlier+++

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How are you accessing your emails? Is it via a browser or an email client?

Can you give us more information on the type of emails that are disappearing? For example are they all emails regardless of who is sending them or a specific sender?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos