Menu
Highlighted
timgpo
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone line diconnected for the 3rd time

I have been with Virgin for quite a long time, but in the last 18 months my phone line service has been disconnected 3 times now (that I know of and I have no idea for how long it was disconnected for,  before I found out).

It seems everytime someone uses the local box that houses all the phone lines, my line is disconnected. I don't find out about it for a couple of days because we don't use the phone - our phone is there so elderly reletives and my disabled son's school can contact us in an emergency; it was only a few months ago it last "went dead" and the elderly reletives actually came to our house to see if we were ok?

On both of the last 2 occasions we have been assured that the "fault" (disconnection) won't happen again, yet here we are (6/7/16 then 24/7/17 and now recently but we got told today 21/12/17).

What really annoys me is that I am meant to call Virgin Media on the 150 number... but my phone line has been disconnected and I refuse to call an "0345" number as it will cost ME to report their failure to fix this issue for the 3rd time. I tried "recommended online chat"... all are busy , try later... later, later....

I considered moving to a new provider in September but I was offered a great deal by Virgin (which was slightly more expensive, but saved all the messing around)... but the phone needs to work if I am to stay. I fully appreciate that sometimes things are out of their control, but I feel that the same issue, 3 times, is well inside Virgin's service provision promise.

Any ideas on how to get the "local to me problem" fixed for good?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone line diconnected for the 3rd time

Hi timgpo

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently. 

I've taken a look at this to run some tests on the line from our end and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
timgpo
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've been very patient... but there is no communication from Virgin re-fixing the fault with my line. following my post here, I can say the response from Craig was excellent and an engineer was booked at the earlist point for Wednesday 27th December between 4 - 7 PM.

On that day the engineer arrived and my wife explained the issue and how the last 2 guys have solved it... but then what does she know (was the engineers attitude). Off he went to the closest box (not the box were the problem origionates, usually) comes back and strips some of the wire by the house. Off again, back again and then finally announces he'll have to lay a new cable which involves digging up the front garden and road, but it won't happen immediately and so my wife will be fine just using her mobile phone.

Firstly, we pay for a homephone because of people ringing us. Secondly, don't tell people you'll be digging up their front garden and the road when that is not nessesary as we have conduits below the road and garden for wires; finally, clean up the mess you make - engineer just left the bits of wire all over the path and didn't reattach the box cover so it blew away in the windy weather. NICE.

I get a voicemail message on the 28th December to say a new cable will be pulled, but we'll have to wait until the 11th January 2018 (so 3 weeks with no phone service?) we are patient as we have no choice.

11th January - engineer turns up, then a second one arrives. lots of activity and broadband off for 20 minutes as requested by the engineer... backward and forwards and new cable pulled. then they left and we still have no phone? and we have no information as to what is going on. I did a test on the virgin site just now and there is no equipement fault and it says I can book an engineer... but do I need to?

Dear Virgin,

if you can't supply me with the homephone I pay for, cancel the contract, so I can move to someone who can!

yours

an unhappy and "phoneless but paying, for 3 weeks"... customer

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi timgpo

I'm so sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing with your telephone service, as the external work has been completed I'd like to arrange for a senior engineer to attend and ensure the internal connections match ASAP. 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos