Menu
HelenY
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone landline dead

My Landline initially started with a very loud crackling sound at which point I telephoned 150 from my landline and reported the fault.  The technician checked the line, and actually got disconnected whilst doing this.  Since this happened, we now have no dial tone at all.  If people phone they are automatically directed to the answerphone, which I can't access as I can not dial out from my phone.  I did give the technician my mobile number in case we got cut off, but I've not heard anything else.

I'm now stuck in the position where I can't phone 150 from my home phone and cannot afford to call the other line on my mobile.  Is there anywhere to contact them by email or online in some way, as I can't find anything at all.  We've been without our home phone for a week now and I desperately need this to contact my elderly Mother in Wales, to make sure she's ok.

I purchased another phone to see if it was the phone which was a fault, and it's not the phone, it's definitely the line, which hasn't been touched or tampered with in the 11yrs we've been here.

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone landline dead

Hi

There certainly is a free way of calling Virgin Media.

Simply call 08001831234 and select option 4 then option 2 and this will connect you to customer services and faults. Calls to this number are free and you may use your mobile or payphone to call them. This is the sales line so please select option 4 then option 2 which will transfer your  call to customer services and faults.

Please have your home phone number handy when calling.

HelenY
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone landline dead

Thank you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos