Menu
Melpotts
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone calls

Hi I've just checked my bill and I've been charged for phone calls, funny as I don't have a home phone connected to my land line as it doesn't work, so how can I be charged for phone calls from a phone that doesn't work? , it's not worked for months
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone calls

The simplest explanation is a crossed line. This results in someone else ending up with your number. Unless you have a phone plugged in you have no idea there is a problem until you start getting the bill for someone elses phone calls.

I would get on the phone to Virgin straight away & get a tech visit booked, as the Forum team here will take several days to respond

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melpotts

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with these calls recently. 

As nodrogd has mentioned, the most common cause of these issues is a crossed line and the way to identify that is to plug a handset into your master telephone socket, dial your mobile number and check the number that appears is the one you recognise. 

If it's not, we'll arrange for someone to come and take a closer look right away. Can you also listen out to see if you're hearing any noisy, crackling or interference on the line.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jinty2cats
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yup I'll be interested to hear how you got on Melpotts as I've had enormous problems with Virgin Phone and 3 lots of engineers who have not found a crossed line in any junction box.  So far over £100 in calls I haven't made.  I eventually have got them to block any external calls and I see that there are some still going through, so that will be an interesting conversation I'll be having with Customer Care who's first supposition has always been ENGINEER CAN FIND NO FAULT THEREFORE SOMEONE IS MAKING THE CALLS!! Good luck!

0 Kudos