Menu
Highlighted
MartinW1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone Line not working - disconnected

Morning,

I need assistance please. I recently moved house and had Virgin installed (TV, Broadband and Phone). All have worked perfectly for the last week or 2 then yesterday morning the phone line went dead.

I have tried ringing from my mobile and get a message "Incorrect number dialled". We did originally ask for our old number to be ported, so I have also checked this number and it is now discontinued..

All other services are still working normally.

As I don't have a landline or Virgin mobile to dial 150, I'm hoping this community can help?

Martin

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone Line not working - disconnected

Try 0345 454 1111 from your mobile. Sounds like a port issue
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI MArtinW1

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm really sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your telephone service recently. 

I've run some tests on your line and we're not detecting any errors from our end, if you dial your mobile number from your home phone, is the number you see the one that you recognise? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MartinW1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All resolved...after ringing the service centre as directed by Alessandro, Helen and the team got me back up and running, even managed to get my old number set up. Was noted as a porting issue where the new number was removed to allow the old number to be ported but when it didn't port as expected the phone line was just disconnected.

All resolved..

Thanks....Martin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MartinW1

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm really glad to hear that this issue has been resolved. 

We'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos