Menu
Highlighted
bensp35
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone Line dead... Again!

I noticed this evening that my phone line is dead, there is no dial tone and the phone handset is displaying a message to indicate an issue with the line. I selected the option to run a test through the online account area on the Virgin Media website, which came back stating no issue found but then gave me an option to book a technician, which I have done so.

This only happened just a a month ago, and I ended up having to have a re-pull of the cable from the street cabinet to my home. It took nearly 2 weeks for this to be done, and when it was, the job was done badly and without me being present due to the technician coming outside of the allocated appointment time. I have an open complaint regarding this (see my post on the Account Issues board) to which Virgin Media have not responded to yet despite customer services promising an initial response within 10 days.

My confidence in Virgin Media as a service provide has dropped even further now and I'm beginning to wonder if I should move to a provider that can provide a better service all around. After all it wouldnt be difficult after my recent experience of VIrgin Media.

0 Kudos
bensp35
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Line dead... Again!

Just an update on this. Had a technician visit today and my phone line is now working again. I asked what the issue was and he indicated that when the new cable was run in it hadn't been secured properly within the street cabinet and had come loose. He appeared to agree that the installation had been done badly.

Finally some good experience of Virgin Media, however after nearly four weeks I am still waiting for someone to contact me regarding my complaint.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI bensp35

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your telephone service recently. 

That being said, I'm really glad to hear that an engineer has been able to get this resolved. The service you've received recently really isn't what we aim to provide so massive apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. 

We'll be here should you need any assistance or support moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bensp35
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Thanks for your response.

Whilst latest issue I had addressed by this thread is now resolved I am still yet to receive a response from Virgin Media regarding a formal complaint I raised. I have another post on the forum about this (https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Do-Virgin-Media-ever-respond-to-com...). Is there any chance of finding out what has happened with this? I can provide a reference number if needed.

Regards

Ben

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

I can help you with that, we'll need to clear security to be able to discuss this in detail though. 

I'll send you information on this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos