Menu
SamFitzsimmons
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ongoing problems with landline in area 26

Over the last year or more I've had on going issues with the landline in area 26, more specifically a no connection issue. I carried out on-line status checks on a number of occasions and no issues were reported. Replaced the handset and still no connection. Organised for a Virgin engineer to call out, he checked the line and managed to get it working. However, he did say that the issue was at the switch box, No doubt the original report from the engineer has been recorded somewhere in the system. Unfortunately, I'm back to square one, no connection for a number of weeks now. This time when I run the status test it gets to 99% and freezes. Because I can't get past the service test I can't book a Virgin engineer and can't find how to book engineer elsewhere on the Virgin site. Equally because I don't have a landline I can't call 150. I won't pay the cost of calling Virgin on my mobile - why should I?  Any help in getting this resolved would be very much appreciated.   

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ongoing problems with landline in area 26

Hi SamFitzsimmons

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service. 

I've taken a look at this and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sam

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me to confirm the appointment, I'm glad to hear you're available.

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi SamFitzsimmons

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service. 

I've taken a look at this and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sam

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me to confirm the appointment, I'm glad to hear you're available.

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

SamFitzsimmons
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

...and so it continues!

The Virgin engineer arrived as per the agreed time slot and ran some external checks. He advised that the problem was external and required a more senior engineer to fix the problem. This is pretty much what the first Virgin engineer said months earlier when he tried and solve the same problem. Both engineers also said it would be fixed in a couple of days.  

Virgin will have both engineers reports and no doubt the reports recommend the next steps on how to fix the problem. Almost three weeks later since the last engineered called and the problem is still not fixed. There must be a process in place that prioritizes network issues and given the length of time this issue is ongoing there must be some urgency in getting it resolved?

Look forward to any feedback      

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi SamFitzsimmons

Thanks for getting back to let me know about this and apologies again for the inconvenience this is causing. 

I've emailed the engineering manager in your area to ask for more information regarding the planned work to get this issue resolved, as soon as I hear back from him I'll be in touch to let you know.

We'll talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
SamFitzsimmons
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thanks for picking up on this again. Would appreciate any feedback you get back from the engineering manager.

Best

Sam

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

I've had word back from the team, there are capacity issues in your local area and the engineering team have raised a high priority ticket to our network planning team for this to be resolved as soon as possible.

When there's an update available, a member of the team will be in touch to discuss getting the line up and running.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

0 Kudos
SamFitzsimmons
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig
Once again thanks for your reply and good to see that there is a priority being placed on this problem. Clearly this has been an on going issue in area 26 as there have been a number of threads linked to capacity issues on the community forum.
My big problem now is that I have neither phone nor broadband today whether and no idea if this is due to maintenace work ....not a good day to be a VM customer.
Regards
Sam
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

Thanks for getting back to me, if you're also experiencing broadband issues I'd recommend posting in our [Broadband board] for a member of the team to take a look, as it's very unlikely to be linked with the capacity issues. 

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
SamFitzsimmons
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Thanks for the heads up re Broadband, it is now back up and working. 

Sam 

0 Kudos