Menu
newdivert
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On divert, callers do not hear ring (but my phone rings and I can answer)

I have Virgin home phone and Virgin Mobile. I have the Divert service so I can divert incoming calls to Home phone number to my Mobile. This has worked perfectly for a few years.

Recently callers tell me that sometimes when they phone my home number (when it is on divert) they do not hear any ringing tone.  But my mobile rings and I answer and speak to them OK.

Can anyone advise where to get this checked out?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: On divert, callers do not hear ring (but my phone rings and I can answer)

Hello Newdivert,

Can I just confirm, when people call your mobile phone do they hear a tone? As sometimes if the number it's diverting to has no tone it will be this. 

If not, has there been any changes to the landline set up or your mobile just before this began happening?

Please let us know so we can look into this further.

Thank you, Emily

0 Kudos
newdivert
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When people ring my mobile phone they do hear a ring tone.

There have been no changes to my landline or mobile phone in the past year.

Not all callers say that they did not hear a ring tone so the problem seems intermittent. However recently (past two weeks) nearly everyone says they hear no ring tone.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for the update Chris.

As you have confirmed that for me, we'd need to look into this further with our faults team. Would you be able to give the team a call on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1 and then option 2 please? This team are specially trained in diagnosing these faults and implementing the correct fix for you. 

Thank you, Emily

0 Kudos
newdivert
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I finally got round to contacting technical staff at Virgin. They took 2 minutes to test the divert service and said it is working perfectly so the fault must lie with the caller's phone (or phone network).  I've had 30 or 40 different people over the past few months tell me that there is no ring tone when they call me (including one this morning from their office phone).   So now I will ask callers what phone company they are using, and try and track down the problem.

Any other suggestions?  Am I the only person to ever have had this particular problem?

0 Kudos