Menu
snowbell
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No landline phone for 3 weeks

I live in N8 area of north London and have had no landline for 3 weeks, I run a business from home so this is costing me dearly.  I registered for updates from my mobile (which isn't a Virgin account) and have so far received 17 near identical automated text messages along the lines that they have 'identified the project, an engineer is on their way, estimated time of repair is.....' and then a short while before that specified time I get the next text.  The message on the website is the same.  I have sent in 3 complaints to date but have had no response.  I have not seen any engineers or vans in the area and nobody has knocked on my door.  I have called from my mobile which is costly as I was put on hold for over 40 minutes only to be told once I got through that they had no other information than what I have been sent by text.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem and is there anyone out there from Virgin who can please help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No landline phone for 3 weeks

Hi Snowbell,

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear you have no landline service.

I can see an outage in your area relating to landline and the ticket is F007281609.  It's current estimated fix time is 14/08 @ 1600 and hope it doesn't change.

For outages, our engineers may not necessarily visit your property or cabinet for example as it depends where the fault is on our network.

Our Team is working hard on a fix and sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
snowbell
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank  you Lisa for picking up the message, however there is nothing new here although I appreciate the apology.  It doesn't solve the problem raised or answer the question.  I have had these automated text messages daily so when you say you hope it doesn't change, unfortunately it most likely will, pushing back the time for it to be fixed on a daily basis for 3 weeks is not the answer as it just gives the impression that you don't have this under control, no future estimated date is therefore believed.  I would like this complaint raised to a higher level please and I would like a greater explanation of the technical fault and why the engineers think they can fix it each day and then they fail, they are struggling to sort it out so I would like more information.  One day outage is bad enough but this has now been 3 weeks which is unacceptable.  Please pass this onto senior management.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Snowbell.

You advised that you are running your business through this landline. Is this a business account or residential that you are having the issues with?

We will gladly raise a complaint as you requested, we just need to clarify if this is a business or residential account?

Thanks Jodi

0 Kudos
snowbell
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Residential.  I work from home but it is a residential account.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming this snowbell

We understand the frustration and inconvenience caused by having no landline working, As we provide the services on a residential basis any business use that is undertaken will be at the discretion of the account holder, therefore we wouldn't compensate for any loss of revenue.

Have you already raised a complaint over the phone or would you like me to raise a complaint for you through this channel?

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
snowbell
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I would like this complaint investigated please.

I have raised 3 complaints over the past 3 weeks using the on line form and one on the phone but I never received a reply to any of them.

However with the phone, I had to use my mobile to call obviously which was expensive as I was put on hold for over 40 minutes.  I was told the service problem would be 'elevated' but I never heard anything further, also the operator was unable to give me any information beyond what is mentioned on the website.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We will certainly do this for you snowbell

I will pop you over a private message so I can access your account details. Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat

Thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
NorthLG
Just joined
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm also in the N8 area and have had no landline for about three weeks constantly beinng told online or on the phone when I can get through that it's being fixed an engineer has been sent out, register your lack of connection but still no working landline. If I could actually get in contact with a actual person that would be great, having a working landline, a service which I'm paying for would be even better.

0 Kudos
snowbell
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, so I may have some information that could help.  After about 17 automated text messages over 3 weeks telling me the problem would be fixed that day at x time, then 5 minutes before x time, getting the next automated message, I eventually got a text message telling me the problem had been fixed.  But I had no landline still and couldn't afford to hang on on my mobile phone again for 40 minutes whilst they put me on hold.  But what I noticed on their website is that because they thought they had fixed the problem it then allowed me to run a test on the check service status page at which point the system realised something was up and at that point I was then given the option to book an engineer.  I still then had to do this using my mobile phone and I still couldn't speak to a human being and also I was only given 3 time slot options for the following day, no further out in my calendar.  So I had to cancel an important client meeting the following afternoon which didn't go down well and ensure I was at home.  The engineer came round and has fixed the problem. So all sorted. He told me that there had been a fire, caused by the heat wave, which resulted in the total destruction of the nearby 'box' and that all 400 lines in that box were disconnected in the N8 area.  And that they aren't automatically reconnecting people, you have to go through the process I went through.  So whilst they knew what the problem was all along, and could have told us, also given us a realistic time frame for repair, they never told us.  Virgin Media  have offered me only £8 per day in compensation.  Derisory.  I have sent in 3 formal complaints but I'm told it takes 28 days for them to respond to a complaint.  And so it goes on......  Good Luck!

0 Kudos