Menu
jyster
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No dialling tone.........again

I have been having this issue for at least 2 years now and I am really getting fed up with it.

The line is either really crackly and you cannot recieve / make calls , people trying to call continually get an engaged tone or it just rings and rings at their end but my phone doesnt ring and I have no dialling tone.

In the past I book an engineer and the next day the phone is working again so I cancel the engineer as they are no longer required.

I do not use the virgin phone very often, it is there for emergencies and the the only way I find out if it is not working is when people phone me on my mobile to tell me they have been trying to ring me on the land line for ages.

I have been very unwell this week and have just had girlfriend and her son leave there places of work to come to my house as they were worried that something had happened to me. My mobile had run out of charge and they had been trying to ring the house phone for over an hour and were not getting an answer, as at my end it was not ringing, when I check - no dialling tone and as usual you run the online test and no problems are found.

This has been going on for far too long amd as I said earlier I am really fed up with this and would like some compensation on my next bill with regards to this.

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dialling tone.........again

Hi

It might be worth asking if Virgin can supply your phone service over your broadband. It might be available in your area. 

To me it sounds like there is a fault at the street cabinet give them a call and this time keep the appointment especially if the line is crackly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dialling tone.........again

Hi jyster,

Very sorry to hear you are having trouble with your phone line. We would need some more details from you to be able to look into this further.
I will send you a PM with the information we would need, if you can reply to this, I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos