Menu
craftLady
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone on land line.

Hello, for the past few days I have been receiving no dial tone on my land line phone.
I am also unable to register my Virgin Media account online as my account number contains 8 digits and the registration process requires a 9 digit number.

Can you give me some contact information please so I can resolve this issue. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone on land line.

Hi craftLady,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you had chance to try an alternative handset?

^Martin

0 Kudos
craftLady
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply.

I have 3 handsets and can't get a dial tone on any of them.
The phone is included with an internet package from Virgin Media, all going through the same router.
There is no problem with the internet sevice.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, craftLady. 

Sorry for the delayed reply, and also the phone line issue. How's things been since your post? If still the same, is there any service faults listed here that can explain this? Kindly click the link and then enter postcode only. Then press search, and any known area faults will be shown. 

If none shown, then please log in to the service checker. To do this, you'll need to use your My Virgin Media online account details. To answer this point about the digits, the first number would be a zero in this case, if you only have 8 digits on your number. When created the account, sign into the checker for me, and then run the service fault test on the telephone tab. 

Any other issues, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
craftLady
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John.

I have to say that my experience of Virgin Media's customer service so far has been very unimpressive.

I can't register an 8 digit number because the webpage only accepts 9 digit numbers. No suggestion on the page itself to add a zero on front.
Following your link above, a postcode for Dublin (dublin 24) is not accepted. Eircode is not accepted. "repire" is not accepted. Again no suggestions or examples on the page itself for postcode format.
My phone number on the same page isn't being accepted. Again, no example of format is given.
The feedback link on the same page is not working either.
The phone number to call "" is not in service either.

I still have no phone service after a fortnight and your resolutions are not helping.
Can I get a contact number to speak to someone and have this sorted properly please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi craftLady,

I'm really sorry that you've had a poor experience with us. I'm afraid that part of the problem is that you've contacted the UK team and our self-help services and customer contact methods are different to those for Virgin Media IE. Unfortunately, we weren't to know until you mentioned that you were in Dublin, so I do apologise for the further delay this has caused. You can find all contact methods for Virgin Media IE online and I'm confident they'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos