Menu
paulzdeman
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No Landline

I have no landline dial tone today and the phone is not working, although calls to it ring as normal on the calling phone.  I have been away a few days so this may not e a new fault.  The diagnostic check said there is no problem with the service, but Live Chat is unavailable (open 08.00 to 20.00?  Really?), there is no other way to contact Virgin other than by an expensive call on my non-Virgin mobile so here I am.  Is a Virgin person monitorinng this forum?  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Landline

Hi paulzdeman,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I have checked your line and I'm unable to find any problems in the area at the moment so before I arrange for a technician I'd just like to confirm whether you've tried another handset in the Virgin Media socket?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
paulzdeman
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rose

Yes, I tried an old handset which is also dead.  So what now?  If a technician comes it looks like I'll get charged. How much is a visit?  Buying another phone or changing provider might be cheaper! Any ideas?

Paul
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes i'll need to arrange for an engineer to resolve your line and no there are no charges.

I'm just going to pop you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
paulzdeman
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

I tried both phones at  a friend's house and they worked, so yes please to an engineer.  I'll give preferred dates / times in a reply to your PM.

Paul 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul,

Just to let you know I have replied to your private message.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
paulzdeman
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I thought I'd post a brief update:

Two weeks on I still have no telephone service.  An engineer's visit has been promised but none of the dates I suggested have resulted in the sight of this elusive species.  Live chat is never live and since the phone route = endless, expensive hold the only way to complain is via this forum and PMs to Virginmedia staff. 

Has anybody out there ever received any fault-rectifying service from VM and can anybody recommend a new provider?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulzdeman

Thanks for the response, I've received your private message too.

Unfortunately any reply you sent to me or Rose to rearrange the appointment hasn't come through, which is why the appointment that we organised for you was still standing. 

With that in mind, I'd like to arrange for someone to come and take a closer look at this ASAP. I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming the appointment Paul, I appreciate it.

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos